Finally some time afforded me the opportunity to fish the bay again. Had an old friend from HighSchool and his son join me for the day. We delayed our launch about an hour Sunday morning, due to high winds out of the south.

Headed out into 30-35FOW and put out BB and crawler harnesses. Took right around 2 hours to box out our 3 man ticket. JR Tackle's Grindstone Shrimp was HOT HOT HOT! Put it out into the spread, and bring it right back in with a fish on. Made 3 passes to get em.

sunday6-7-2015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Jason, Take more time to smell the roses. GJ on the Bay eyes.:)

I'll sure try! Given the time available to fish, I really should enjoy it!

Made it back out on the 13th & 14th.

Launched Saturday about noon, and WORKED for our 2 man limit of cookie cutter eater eyes until 5PM.

Saturday got out ahead of the tourney in the pea soup fog. Went to the same spot. Had a new guy, never fished before on board. What seemed like work for our 15 fish. Done by 11am.

I let the greenhorn reel in all 15, the other guy from Saturday was napping all morning.

Nothing special, just cookie cutter eaters.

Should be back out there again this weekend.

And Frank, we'll be in the same place you visited with us last year. Hoping to put Griz and his sisters on some good action during our family vacation.

Really is a fun fishery for anybody who has not tried it yet. Friend and I took 27 fish Friday- sunday. Threw back about 10 shorts. Caught a few enormous white bass, couple of sheep and one sheep that would go 12-15 lbs, one catfish. 2 downsides are it can get very crowded out there. Sometimes similar to combat fishing. And that damn chop:mad:

And Frank, we'll be in the same place you visited with us last year. Hoping to put Griz and his sisters on some good action during our family vacation.

Give me a shout when you get up here. Those kids sure are keepers. If ya need a grumpy grandpa to help out just let me know.:)