St. Joe, MI. 6-11-’15. P.M.

We opted to try the Joe instead of “Lakervilleâ€. Dropped in at 60fow at 1830hrs headed West. Armed with DR’s. wire, leadcore, copper and freshly brined Ales we had high hopes. OH WELL. 2 and 3 ft chop made it a little rough on our 16fter but we were determined to fish. Marked a lot of fish all the way out to 80fow. Got ½ way through our turn and nailed an 8# steelie on a double orange crush free slider, DR down 55ft. Same rig fired again about 20 minute later but came unbuttoned after about 15 seconds. Pulled lines at 2200hrs and faced the wind and waves all the way back to the river. When we launched the docks were 1†above the water, when we returned, there was 2†over the docks. %&&%$##^*()), Hate getting my feet wet!!!!! Sure beats a Skunk.

Martin

Went to South Haven a week ago and it was over the docks also except is wasn't water it was 2" or goose doo. It was a mess. Hate getting my feet full of fertilizer then spreading it all over the boat.

Martin, try the St Joe city launch, you will never have water over the docks and they have a great cleaning station. $5 parking fee, but well worth it. On a different note, my friend Doug Wiggins (Sports Widow Charters) called me @ 2 pm Thursday, he had just finished his morning trip, ended up with 27 for 30, 20 of which were coho, the balance were Lakers and Steelhead. 200 FOW on a temp break in the top 60 Feet. Blue bubble fly behind a blue and white spin doc. The rest were on small spoons. He said all of the fish were full of Alewives, and that the alewives were of all sizes from fingerlings to full size.