4th Trip 6-9-2015 Tue Saginaw Bay Walleye 25 fish box

I had the pleasure of fishing with Tim, John V, Mike R, Alex J, today. Alex is my 12 yo grandson. The bite was challenging to say the least. We marked a lot of bait and the fish we caught were gorged on minnows. I resorted to the force feed em method. 2oz BB off from 10 OR12 Offshore boards, 3 oz BB off two down rods. Speed was 1 MPH up to 2.4 MPH. 27-35 FOW. A glow green was our best color but everything produced. We had a little 13 fish flurry on the end to finish us up. We just had to figure out how they wanted it and then gave em lots of it. We farmed 3 keepers. 5 person limit with a nice 13' bonus perch. Our two largest walleye were 25". Great Day with my grandson and good friends. A big thanks to Mike, John, and Tim for joining Alex and I on the Saginaw Bay. :)

0609151321-00.jpg

Great job Frank.

I love to hear of people taking kids fishing. Keep it up.

I'm curious, it sounds like you stuck with spinners and crawlers? I would have switched to hot 'n tots and crankbaits if they were feeding on minnows.

If you don't mind sharing, what was working when the 'flurry' kicked in?

Great job Frank.

I love to hear of people taking kids fishing. Keep it up.

I'm curious, it sounds like you stuck with spinners and crawlers? I would have switched to hot 'n tots and crankbaits if they were feeding on minnows.

If you don't mind sharing, what was working when the 'flurry' kicked in?

Feeding on minnows yes at some point but they were not suspended. We scraped every one of the fish off the bottom.

Alex is 12 and is very good at netting and getting the boards off. I love to fish with kids.

Edited by Priority1