UnderWater Footage of Salmon Fishing out of SH 5/14

Posted on Michigan-Sportsman already but posting here as well.

Below is a link to a video my brother and I made from our First Salmon Trip of the year. It was out of South Haven and all the footage was taken with an underwater camera. It gives you the lure’s perspective of what is really going on down there. Let me know what you guys think and if you like what you see subscribe. There will be more videos like this one to come!

No speed at the lure was not monitored. Yes there were times it was going fast...the moonshine was doing a figure 8 or X type pattern and the Stinger does more of a "O" shape or "0" oval-ish shape. We bagged 3 Lakers that day. Learned a lot though :crazy:

Thanks Nailer!

Gmfishon - I know I was surprised. I just watched 3.5 hours of footage from my trip out of SH on Thursday. Working on editing it down to another video...and there is a big difference between say a Stinger Mag spoon and a Moonshine Mag spoon and how they "swim" at different speeds. The Moonshine likes to do an X patter or figure 8 and the Stinger does a "O" or "0" shape depending on how over fast you are going. Interesting stuff for sure!

Always a risk/chance you take but I keep it on my DR, have a lesser leader line than my mainline and tie a very careful knot. I have been very fortunate with my downrigger gear so I am comfortable with it there. It boils down to the reward being greater than the risk.