30 Pound Plus

Dont have pics as We did not always carry a camera. On the super tramp in 1982 we landed a 29lb chinook off of manistee, and in 1998 My brother in law (God rest his soul) landed a 38 lb again on the super tramp, that I know he has a pic of but canot locate as since his passing this last feb his personal affects have dissappered, If I find the pic I will surely post it. Thats the biggest fish we have ever landed form on any of our boats since 1976 on the first fishin tramp boat.

I don't have pics of most of my biggest salmon. My biggest was a 38 lb male caught off the Olcott Pier in Lake Ontario in September of 1992.

Here is a pic of a 32 lb king I caught in August of 1998 out in the boat offshore out of Olcott.

SALMON.jpg

Tim

here is a 30.5 we got in saugatuck on july 20 2005 by my brother in law it was weighed at big lake outfitters0042600-R1-010-3A.jpg

i also cought a 33 lg king on may 17 2002 in the same area i will post a pic. when i get the pic scanned to a dics becouse it was not on a digital

Here's a PIG my first mate Jay took in the 2005 Fall LOC. I just love this picture!

HabaneroKing.jpg

Official derby scale had it at 29.08#.

Thats one nice fish. That looks like a Habanero in its mouth.

Those are some awesome fish!

My largest king came in 1974 on the Muskegon river in October. Snagged in the dorsal. 50 lb. test and a broomstick snagging rod. I was only 14 and it was 36 on the scales. I've not managed another 30+ lbr. since but have come close at Frankfort one time with a three man 15 fish limit and only one was under 20 lbs. Awesome memories, but no pic's.

I'm hoping that the reduction in plants in LM will restore our larger fish sizes like predicted.

Boy, you guys sure do catch a ton of them though! Nothing wrong with a mess of 15-20lb Kings!

My biggest was taken the day after the old ESLO derby and weighed 39.08#, and would've won me a 20' Grady White & Nissan Pathfinder had I caught it a day earlier!

That particuar Habanero is a Northern King. They don't sell it, you have to buy their Die Hard and tape it up yourself. I have a paint booth in my garage and paint and tape them up myself if you're interested.

Here's a pic of mine:

June132006021.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

big_fish.jpg

37 pounds 9 ounce king salmon 2001 Bob Ward aka bob-along. Giggest king out of ludington for the year. White flasher green crinkle fly. The fish was caught down south of the project later named Bobs hole after this thing was caught. I have heard to story over 10 times ands its great one to be told. He had people out fishin with him they got sick he took them back to dock. He went out fishing after he dropped them off. he set two riggers and time he went to the wheel the rigger popped was scremming out line got the other rigger up and chased the beast down after 1 hour of fighting he cought and landed this fish by him self.

No pictures we used to catch so many of them in the river no one ever kept track just figured they all grew big and no one even made a fuss untill it was well over 40lbs. The biggest I have ever had on a legal scale was 43 lbs on the DNR scale in Croton probably around 73 or 74 I really don't remember. Back then the DNR would clean em and buy the eggs was a great deal for us come home with a trunk load of Salmon and gas money. The first King I ever caught in the river was a 35lb female snagging below the dam there were times the fish were so thick you would hook up nearly every cast. I can remember a couple of times that our group would be sorting them before dark because we only wanted big females for the egg money and the 3 of us would try to leave every night with 5 females each most nights we did it. There were nights we dragged out close to 40 fish before we got our limit that we kept. I really don't count that as fishing but it was fun. I should have taken a better picture of the 26lb one I got last summer but it was late I was tired and had to clean fish I will try and get ahold of my aunt and see if she has any of the pics from when my uncle and me fished back in the 70's. Anyone remember the name of the sporting goods store on Laketon in Muskegon they took my picture with a 49 lb Laker we stoped in and weighed there. I wonder if there is still a copy of that pic I was 14 at the time in 73. We had it weighed because my uncle thought it was a state record but it was not that close I think they said the record was 53 or something like that.