WTB Sub Troll Probe

Are you sure there are no leaks, exposed cable, and connections are liquid or rubber taped good? I know you probably already checked that but I'd hate to see you replace a probe for one of those problems. That's usually what does it for me.

No they should be fine. When you got this unit did you get the nylon coated down rigger cable with it? the Sub Troll and Depth Raider type system require a nylon coated down rigger cable since they use the cable as a antenna. If your using regular rigger cable or cable with allot of nicks and cuts in it it will do exactly what you are saving eat up batteries, and be intermittent. Here is there site address.

http://www.moorelectronics.com/fishing/fishing.html Their phone # is 800-876-4971 you can give them a call and they'll hook you up.

If all you got was the indicator, RCA cables, and probe. You will need the nylon coated rigger cable, rigger kit which includes the rubber tape (regular electric tape will not work), leader kit to connect the ball to the probe cable, and three stainless heavy duty snap swivels. if you look around there site I'm pretty sure you can find their installation manual to. Total cost should be under $50.00.

I did purchase coated rigger cable and have the correct snap to the ball.

Also have the newer antenna, not the spring.

I have contacted Moor, and they recommended cleaning the temp. sensor behind the paddle wheel., which was partially corroded.

Just waiting for my next outing to retry it.

Thanks for your time.

Todd