Found a couple kings today! Took a 12.5 # out in front of the pier in 40 fow / 6 color with a caramel dolphin, got a 10 # on a rigger 30 down in 50 fow north of pier with pink panties. Lost a nice fish in the same 50 fow, 125 copper uv mixed veggies, missed a nice rip on a 8 color/ uv blue dolphin, same way piont. Got one small coho - let him go.

My son was mating on a charter down in South Haven today, and they got a bunch of Kings. Nice job, and thanks for the update.

Just the other day a popular thread on this site was where are the silver fish. Keep the faith all.

We Did real well last fall after the run, we caught a lot of three year olds. They are out there. Good to see them moving in!

I agree there were tons of 3 year olds in Ludington when I pulled my boat in Oct.

Indeed some do but around 2 percent in the last graphic I saw. My understanding was that great Lakes salmon adapted that way. All the mature planters I've turned in were 3. I'm interested to see others results?

When you say 3 year old do you mean immature fish in the fall? Adult kings in the great Lakes spawn at 3 years old

Most of the people in Ludington consider the 4 year Olds to mature fish not saying they aren't 3 yr olds. And yes I meant we had a bunch of young fish there in Oct.

What should be said is that there was plenty of bigger fish leftover in Oct for next year.

I agree that most all spawners are 3 yrs old (low 20s and teens weight wise).

However when you get the true hog (20s up to 30) those are 4 yr olds that were not spawners when they were 3.

A few yrs back we had a mixed catch of mid to upper teens, 1 20# and one just shy of 30#. All were spawners. My guess (for what its worth) is that the big one was 4 and the others were 3.

Four year old fish are rare. Studies on the grand showed 95% of the fish spawn at 2 or 3 with.most of the balance being 1 year old jacks. My salmon ambassador info showed virtually no, as in a couple per 1000 c w t returns of four year fish.

I classify salmon as shakers, eaters, silvers, and matures. Silvers can be bigger than matures.