We left the slip @ 6:15, ran out to 70 FOW and set lines on a 330 heading setup was 4 color, with a stinger orange killer, 6 color with the same, 2 10 colors with Stingers, anything orange, 2 300 copper with same spoons,riggers on the bottom with mtn dew echip and green glow echip mtndew with pickled sunshine fly and the green echip with a chartreuse red dot spin n glo. both e'chips were hot, made a troll out to 200, turned and came back thru the same wate. steady action right till we pulled lines. Speed 2.5 mph at the ball. Ended our day with 9 Trout and 4 Coho. Not bad for fishing in sporadic downpours.

On top of that we had a finch hitch a ride out in the fog.

great job Mike! Were you dragging bottom continuously dropping your riggers as you headed out or were you just keeping them in the bottom 10ft or so?

I kept 2 riggers on the bottom, adjusting as we went out. Pound the bottom and catch a trout.

Don't you lose some cannonballs dragging them on the bottom? I've always be scared to do this.

I go to the bottom and get slack cable, then pull up about 2 feet above the tight cable. I use 200# cable and 12# balls.

If your around some serious structure you have to watch it. Down here, we have not problem putting riggers on the bottom

Yup St Joe is a big old sandbox. Manistee is a different story. Not gonna do it there.