Last minute decided to hit the lake with wife and kids for an evening cruise. Went south along the beach running spoons, body baits and deep husky rapalas. Went maybe 1.5-2 miles. Turned west to 30-40. Dropped riggers, 100 copper, 2 and 3 color, high lines. Marked 2 fish in 40ish in 50 degree water. Trolled in and quit. Great night in the big pond, wish I had more for you guys out there. Have to learn how to fish south haven by the reports

Oh yeah, that was basically our goal, just go for a cruise. My 5 year old was bugging me to go fishing so we packed up. Fish woulda been a bonus. Instead of cleaning fish I cleaned up the turkey from the weekend to cook this week

Oh yeah, that was basically our goal, just go for a cruise. My 5 year old was bugging me to go fishing so we packed up. Fish woulda been a bonus. Instead of cleaning fish I cleaned up the turkey from the weekend to cook this week

Natures bounty. :) GJ on the Tom.

We fished our shakedown cruise Sunday morning 5/3 out of Holland, north down wind out to 50 fow, picked up one 12lb King right away on a 5 color with regular size Blue Dolphin spoon , marked nothing out to 70ft for another 2 hours. Went into 20 fow and caught 3 lakers, 2 on the 5 color w/ small gold spoon and one on a dipsey 50 back. We dragged 3 shaker Steelys across the mouth in the mud. Lost another nice king at the boat on a rigger 25ft down in 30 fow with gold spoon just south of the pier. The fish was still very green and zig zagged back and forth until it crossed a dipsey line. :( Trolled 2.3 - 2.8 all morning.