Killin' it and the spring king!

After a long cold winter filled with new experiences (more to come on that in a bit) and lots of school I was able to get the big ride out of storage and go searching for some fish this weekend.

Friday

I was lucky enough to fish with Dave the proud owner "Eyecracker" a great fishing set up that absolutely fly's across the water. There is something about an 18' boat with a 175 HP motor that inspires awe in any fisherman. I saw 51 MPH for the first time on open water!! That was impressive and a bit scary!

img_1789_thumb.jpg

Fishing was decent as we picked our way to 7 fish and lost a handful of others. All in all it was a great day! The spoils of our work were 6 healthy Lake Michigan trout.

img_1805_thumb.jpg

Saturday Morning was spent with the Killin' it Crew. After a short technical difficulty we were outside the piers to find 10-15 boats south of Holland so in typical Killin' it fashion we went North! Again the fish gods were on our side!!

img_1806_thumb.jpg

img_1796_thumb.jpg

img_1803_thumb.jpg

Sunday Morning with a small craft advisory and 25 knot winds from the east we ventured out again and headed south... The fish gods did not reward us with browns, but did give us a wonderful spring king!

img_1814_thumb.jpg

img_1815_thumb.jpg

All in all a wonderful weekend on the water with great friends. Thanks Dave, Larry, Austin, and John for quality time on the water!

img_1810_thumb.jpg