Body baits in summer?

I use Thundersticks and Deep Jr. Thundersticks and Rebel Fasttracks (for faster trolling speeds) when fishing offshore for Steelhead. I run them off inline boards as flat lines and 2/3/5 color leadcores. They often work well around scum lines and catch salmon too.

I use Thundersticks and Deep Jr. Thundersticks and Rebel Fasttracks (for faster trolling speeds) when fishing offshore for Steelhead. I run them off inline boards as flat lines and 2/3/5 color leadcores. They often work well around scum lines and catch salmon too.

I agree with this we do the same thing. About six years ago trying to fish steelies my biggest king of the season came on a chart and orange rapala.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had more luck running a regular size spoon behind a 1 oz egg sinker back about 75' and out 200' from the boat, but the 1 color didn't get anything. I'll try a body bait on a core and a sinker set up and see what happens. I don't know if the sinker gives some blow back or different action but that's been more successful for me than a 1 core.