St. Joe Brown Blast

Got my big lake shakedown & first tournament day done today out of St. Joe. Had a great day, having gone in without much in terms of expectations. The boat (King Possible) worked great. I love the new Trollmaster for the kicker motor throttle control.

We saw all the boats heading south, and I decided to go north. I don't think we had another boat really in sight until we quit fishing and ran back to port. I love fishing out of the pack - so that worked great for me today! We fished the beach, we fished 20 - 40 fow, we fished 40 to 80 fow. There was a good temp break set up out in 75 fow (38 degrees inside and a pocket of 45 degree water deeper. We found the coho in this water.

Fishing Report: 11-12 (1 brown, 1 steelie, 2 lakers, 2 kings, 5 coho)

(1) 20 fow, 2.7 mph NE troll, Orange/Gold Thinfish mono board back 80 ft, laker

(2) 40 fow, 3 mph N troll, Slide Diver on 2 back 25 ft, chrome & UV 8" paddle, chrome/green tinsel fly, 15" king

(3) 6 fow, 3 mph N troll, rigger down 5 ft back 20 ft, UV Yellow Sparkler Spin Doctor, chartreuse fly, brown

(4) 60 fow, 3.6 mph W troll, 2 Color, Golden Starburst Superslim, king

(5) 75 fow, 3.6 mph SSW troll 3 color, Dbl Orange Crush Superslim, laker

(6) 75 fow, 3.6 mph SSW troll 6 color, unknown Superslim, coho

(7) 75 fow, 3.6 mph SSW troll, 2 Color, Golden Starburst Superslim, steelhead

(8) 75 fow, 3.6 mph SSW troll, mono board 3/4 oz snap weight back 50 ft, Golden Acid Rain, coho

(9) 75 fow, 3.6 mph SSW troll, Slide Diver on 2 back 25 ft, chrome & UV 8" paddle, chrome/green tinsel fly, coho

(10) 75 fow, 3.6 mph NNE troll, 3 color, Dbl Orange Crush Superslim, coho

(11) 75 fow, 3.6 mph S troll, 2 Color, Golden Starburst Superlim, coho

I'm back to trolling superslims fast. It still works I guess!

Good luck everyone.

-jdh

Forgot to say thanks to Joe & John for fishing with me! Without someone to fish with I might have had to drag my kayak down to St. Joe - and I wasn't feeling like exercising yesterday.

Also - photos of the lures & a photo of the fish. Not sure how the fish managed to cover up the king, but she was in there!

img_0514.jpg

imag0264.jpg