Cazniks Kalamozoo River Report 3/25/06

Fishing Times: 6:00am-12:00pm

River Conditions: Water level was perfect and not muddy.

Fish: 2 Walleyes and 1 Small mouth

Lures: Small Yellow Hot N Tot

Well today I thought Id keep on trying the river once again. We started at the bridge and motored down stream a long ways. We turned the boat around and started to troll back to the bridge. About 10 minutes later I hooked on a nice 18" walleye with my yellow hot n tot. Then about 2 hours later my buddy hooked on a really nice 4 pound small mouth. Then after another 2 hours later I happen to get another 18" walleye on the same yellow lure. We tried pretty hard to get a steelhead but they just didn't seem to want to bite for us today. We met up with about 5 others boats that was down from the bridge and out of 5 boats there was 2 steelheads caught. Oh ya we did let all our good eating fish go. :rolleyes:

Well Rich at least you were fishing, beats what I did today. Just curious if ya ever tried it up toward the dam, there are some good spots up and down river of the launch that is is just below the damn.

Steve,

Yes I know there is some really good spots up there by the dam. But so far I have not yet tried to fish up there yet. I will probly start up there next weekend. I bet it was really crowded up there this week. There was 5 boats below the bridge and all covered the hot spots.

Rich