Item most forgotten on 1st trip?

I'm wondering what I might be forgetting. What is the item that often is overlooked till you're on the water and need it. Some I've forgotten in the past is: net :( , fillet knife, batteries for probes etc. Just got that feeling I'm forgetting something.

I'm wondering what I might be forgetting. What is the item that often is overlooked till you're on the water and need it. Some I've forgotten in the past is: net :( , fillet knife, batteries for probes etc. Just got that feeling I'm forgetting something.

don't feel bad. we got all the way up to Geneva ohio and found out we didn't have our depth finder/gps. its a 350 mile trip each way. so my son loaded up and went and got it. we would just be fishing blind without it. we forgot our knives one trip. we went to wall mart and bought some carving knives. they worked better than our fishing knives. now we just pay to have them cleaned.

keys to the boat

drain plug

anchor

dock lines / bumpers

boat registration

flares updated

extra oil

grease wheel bearings

make sure tires are inflated correctly /spare tire

check brake lines and brake fluid on trailer

check trailer lights, spare bulb

check boat lights / spare bulb

I have a 16' tri hull open bow boat. I was down in fl visiting my sister and brother n law. when we went fishing we had about a 11 mile trip on the interstate 95. so I kept the life jackets in the trunk of my car. one trip out about 150 yards I noticed we didn't have them. I turned around went back and got them and put my auto inflate on and away we went.

Drove from Grand Haven to Port Clinton last weekend with my brother in-law when his wife texted me to ask if he had noticed he left his cell phone at home? Uh, he does now! :o

Seriously, I lost a prop one time 20 miles from a port in 200ft of water and the cell phone saved me a lot of grief. I had the insurance guy all lined up and the boat well ready to pull me before I hit their slip!

Could save a life as a primary or back up to VHF.

Spare Plug

Extra DR replacement parts

Batteries Charged

Keys for the boat (almost forgot that)

Updated Registration and License

Sunglasses

Spare leader material

Net

Bilge/Livewell Pump check

Lights - trailer and nav

Trailer winch check

Radio Check

I am so excited

I carry two extras but it helps when you put one of them in the boat before you launch. The boat filled with water so fast that I had to jump in the lake and put the plug in. I had to pull it back out and spent 20 minutes waiting for the water to drain out of it.

• 3 weeks later...