haven't heard or been out there myself but this time last year they were getting them before you could get out into the big lake. if I remember correctly, I stopped into Gold Coast around that time and they said the action was only good for a few days then word got out and the added pressure put the fish down.

I was told that a couple weeks ago already it had been pretty heavily fished and that it had slowed down so i am guessing that now you would need to pick an off day or poor weather when no ones been there for a few days to let a few fish trickle back in. Hearsay only.

Yeah, Port Sheldon isn't the only port fishable. Other ports around the same area are having fish caught. I guess I learned from the Michigan Sportsman that some people have a right to certain water and nobody else can know about it. And besides it's not only the channel you can get out of there and onto the beach where there is clearly enough water for us all to fish. Guess for now on im done telling ports or giving reports cause people get too defensive of "their waters" and "their fish" If you want to know where you can get on fish I'd gladly tell you if you wanna PM me and I'll help you guys out so you can get out there and get on some fish.

In smaller spots with limited access likes piers or tribs, it makes sense not to broadcast about them but I don't think you need to worry to much about the big lake. This place is not like the one you had issues with.

The issue becomes etiquette. There are issues all over. We had a guy try to run our boards over in 250' last year out of Grand Haven. People just don't know what hey are doing. It is sad we cannot all use our natural resources together. Common sense goes a long way, unfortunately some do not have it. One would think people could work together, assess a situation and fit in with the flow, but too often it doesn't happen. Thus the radio screaming and the yelling from boat to boat.

Went there Saturday and found out that overhang the lake was frozen from ice being blown in by the lake. Didn't want to dodge the ice to fish. Would've let you all know how we would've done if we had gone but now I think it's a good thing we didn't fish because people don't like when their "private hot spots" are used by other people.

This isn't about "private hotspots". It's about the fact that the Internet allows thousands and thousands of people to see your report and then you get the people who think that's the only place to catch fish and then it's get blown up and sometimes you get people who trash the place or cause fights. It more of an issue for rivers but being there isn't much big lake open yet port Sheldon could easily get blown up by 20 boats plowing the channel and then it ruins it for everybody.

It's never been a secret that Port Sheldon is one of the first fishable West Mi. Ports to open up. With or without this (and the other) site, it's going to be busy there at first open water. Keep the reports coming.

We went through this on a FB page...Michigan Sportsmen or something. I left due to the bickering. Let's not have it here. We know fishing is a zoo on weekends, such is life. I like helpful info, not your secret spots

guys dont let this post get out of hand. It started with someone just wanting a simple fishing reports. MODERATORS THOUGHTS.....?

Agreed, the conflict is spilling over from another site where it happens all the time. We won't let that happen here. Nothing major but a couple posts that were off topic are gone.