Raymarine EV-200 Autopilot, Good for Trolling?

Thinking about installing a Raymarine EV-200 autopilot on my 27' Amberjack with twin Mercruiser V-6's. Will also be converting to hydraulic steering. Does anyone have experience with these units and how well they work for trolling and any other issues?

I had one installed last year. Other than an electrical issue from where the course computer was installed, the EVO 200 is awesome. Handles beautifully in large waves. Easy to adjust settings. Great unit!

Love mine, I didn't convert to hydraulic and don't regret it. Can run as slow as 1.1 without problem, any slower and it can't control in waves over 1'. At normal trolling speeds it's flawless and super easy to install and operate

I've heard of guys using them with hydraulic steering, really same thing as far as the drive is concerned. Only thing I would watch out for is activating the autopilot on a power assist boat without the motor running if it's really hard to turn the wheel without the assist

This may sound like a dumb question , but will this work on hydrolic or cable assist?

They work on both, the drive is the difference.You order for your type of steering. I have an older version and a newer one on my 2nd boat. Both are attached mechanically to the steering wheels and my boat have the typical cable steering. They work great. I have been using them for several years. The newer one has great running patterns for trolling.

LB