Two Panasonic Toughbook 13" Chartplotter GPS

These are both running Windows 7 Pro. Loaded with all the Great Lake Charts. These are in good condition and can be used on and off the boat. These come complete with GPS receivers, AC chargers, and DC chargers. These are complete working tested systems. Personal demonstration or phone help if needed. These are simple to master with most tasks performed with keyboard shortcuts. Example: Zoom in is Control Key and Z, Zoom out is Control Key and X, and Man Overboard is Control Key and Spacebar. Easy to learn. These are sunlight viewable. Off course these are WIFI ready and can connect to the internet with a ethernet cable also. No internet connection is necessary for these to function as a GPS Chartplotter. $400 each. Thank You for viewing.

holland.jpg

two_toughbooks.jpg

These Toughbooks are built to Military specs. They will take a licking and keep on ticking. I have cleaned the keyboards under a medium stream of running water. I have even did this with one unit running. Don't try that with a regular laptop. They will also take some bumps and drops. A commercial shows a closed toughbook being run over by a Hummer. They have a strong magnesium frame and look and live up to their name. These have Office, Antivirus, and other software loaded. They are ready to use. I have used one of these exclusively for 5 years. Y'all know I fish a lot.:) Looking at a big almost square screen gives you a whole new perspective of the waters you fish.

I set up a toughbook with a Windows 10 Operating system. It's different but is easily to master. I loaded all the Great Lakes Charts and they ran without a glitch in SeaClear.

For the Navionics fans I also loaded a Navionics HD Base Map App. I also found that for $20 you can get a HD App with over 7000 fresh water lakes across the USA. I also uploaded a screen shot of Windows !0 Start menu, and A Navionics Chart of Muskegon Lake. Here are some screen shots. I didn't buy the App. There are a lot of options available. I did sell another Toughbook on another site but these are still available. Bottom Line if you'd rather have the Navionics it is available for a extra Jackson.

These Toughbooks will hold up in the Marine environment.

windows_10_screeen_shot.jpg

navionics_boating_hd.jpg

navionics_muskegon_lake_screen_shot.jpg

Frank, couple questions and I apologize if I missed this from another post. What are the tech specs on this/these units. Processor speed, RAM, HD size, approximate battery life. I like the idea of this but need more info.

Thanks

Gene

Gene,The specs vary from unit to unit. The one I have here now is a CF 30 MK1 in beautiful condition. I has a Intel L2400 dual core processor @1.66GHz and 1.5 GB of Memory. and a 80 GB HDD. I have others also. I have a few CF 30 MK3 with 160 GB HDD and 2 GB of memory for the same price but not quite as nice.

If you are looking for a better one I have one that is a CF 31 with 6 GB of RAM and a 360 GB HDD and a Intel core I-5 processor. The chartplotter program doesn't require a lot of resources. Also these all have SD Slots for more storage. These will handle the everyday stuff just fine but Toughbooks were not built to be gaming computers. I hope I answered all your questions.:) Try one on and you will like it. Chart depth numbers are about 1/2" high when zoomed in. Old eyes friendly. LOL

Battery life depends on use. I have these set to the max so to be sunlight viewable. With this setting it is recommended to stay plugged into a charger. AC and DC chargers are included. I liken the battery use to fuel use. I all depends. Of course the high brightness can be toned down when inside.

One more thing I should mention on battery use. These have to be set to never sleep. Most laptops take a nap and these will also if not set right. Ya need it on all the time and that's another reason to keep it plugged in.

Thanks Frank. The only reason I asked is my current "main" computer is getting ready to die so I thought that I would move my current backup unit into service and then maybe get one of your units as my "backup" which is my travel computer that I use when I teach classes (scuba), short videos but no gaming. That was the only concern that I had regarding the tech specs.

Thank again. What would you be asking for the cf 31 unit you described?

Thanks Frank. The only reason I asked is my current "main" computer is getting ready to die so I thought that I would move my current backup unit into service and then maybe get one of your units as my "backup" which is my travel computer that I use when I teach classes (scuba), short videos but no gaming. That was the only concern that I had regarding the tech specs.

Thank again. What would you be asking for the cf 31 unit you described?

The CF31 is $750. Everything about this one is super nice except for some marks on the bottom. PM me your emal address and I'll send some pics. Shipping and insurance would add another $20. I'll be gone this AM but can send pics this afternoon. I have found the a large SD card holds plenty of data behind a closed door. A Cruzer Fit USB also holds up to 64GB of data and it will fit behind the closed back door on these units. The Touighbook is all that the name implies.:)

The CF31 is $750. Everything about this one is super nice except for some marks on the bottom. PM me your emal address and I'll send some pics. Shipping and insurance would add another $20. I'll be gone this AM but can send pics this afternoon. I have found the a large SD card holds plenty of data behind a closed door. A Cruzer Fit USB also holds up to 64GB of data and it will fit behind the closed back door on these units. The Touighbook is all that the name implies.:)

Thanks Frank, no rush on my end. I pm'd you with my email address.

Have a great day.

Gene

SOLD These are sold. I'll list a couple of more soon. Anyone interested please get with me. My phone# is Nine Eight Nine 362 54 Two Two.

The most important reason I like this system unlike others is the ZOOM. Most electronic charts zoom in on features but the chart numbers and depth numbers remain small. When you zoom this in the chart numbers are visible from the back of the boat.:)