Salsa

steeliebob

2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes drained

I medium onion finely chopped

1 banana pepper finely chopped

1/2 Jalapeno pepper finely chopped

1 8 oz can of tomato sauce

2 teaspoons of lime juice

If you want it hot use the whole Jalapeno.

Mix well and refridgerate it goes well in chile too

After this winter it would be good to be walleye wacking on a boat. Thanks for the offer Frank I think that I will finally take you up on it. I have been out steelhead fishing on the ice this winter twice, It has been way too cold up here. Wind chills at -40 keep me inside. I have been tearing up the pike though in December and January nothing really big I think 9 lbs was the largest but all and all pretty tastey. I did catch one steelhead out of the two trips about 3 lbs a short fat one.

It's been cold here but not as bad as the UP. We pick up an occasional Northern when fishing the weeds for walleye. We have to baby them in when they take a crawler harness. We have boated some close to 40". The shallow waters surrounding the Saginaw Bay are ideal for Pike. We have also had walleye come in easy then get real hard and then easy again. When the walleye were finally netted the teeth marks showed why the tug was greater in the middle of the fight. I keep the ones I catch for myself and a widow lady that lives nearby. :) She complimented me for getting all the Y bones out.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I haven't tried your dish yet, but I will definitely cook it. I'm still sharing my recipe. 

Ingredients:

2 pounds fish fillets (walleye, bass or perch)

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1-1/2 cups salsa

8 ounces shredded or sliced part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese

Coat fish fillets in bread crumbs. In a skillet, brown fillets in oil. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted.