Wtb copper reels

Looking for a high quality pair of copper reels to run 300 and 200 copper off of.

I yried to pm you but for some reason it wouldn't give me the option when I clicked on your name.

but I do have 2 reels that I bought to run 300' of copper but they just wasn't big enough for 300' but would be perfect for 200. right now I cant tell you much about them because I am in sunny fl and the reels and I will give you a good price on them are in Indiana. but they are nice reels. I also have 2 brand new rods that are made to run copper. i'll take 75.00 for each set if you want the rods. and we'll have to split the shipping. I think the reels were new when I bought them but I just don't remember. I think they are 47lc daiwas but don't quote me on that. when I get home I can tell you a lot more about the rod and reel. you can email me at [email protected] if your interested.

sherman

nothing personal but I don't think you can get a 45 convector and rod for 37.50. but if he can he has my blessings.

He said the 45 convector are half the price of the tekotas. Which they are nothing about a rod.

To the original poster contact me if interested in reels still. I have some okuma and some tekotas.

This is getting out of hand he said she said bs. He said he has diawa 47lc ( not tekota or convectors) and a copper rod to offer for a price. We all know what tekotas cost and what convectors cost and what diawa 47lc cost. The original post states he wants quality copper reels. Were mostly budget fisherman and are brand loyal. Tekotas are great and pricey, convectors are great for the price a littles less expensive. Diawa 47lc are great and less expensive. It all depends on how much use and how you take care of your equipment. We've all spun this post out of context.

hey guys I already got the message that he was comparing then to the price of the okumas. cut me a little slack. im human I make mistakes ok.

yes after i posted i wondered if it was just a typo,should have asked sorry no harm meant. lets face it even some of the lower priced gear adds up in a hurry. this is an expensive ADDICTION we have.:lol:

yes after i posted i wondered if it was just a typo,should have asked sorry no harm meant. lets face it even some of the lower priced gear adds up in a hurry. this is an expensive ADDICTION we have.:lol:

yea, even if you buy the cheapest gear on the market rigging a boat gets expensive. and worse than that just a few yrs later your upgrading and wondering why didn't I get the good stuff to start with. I have daiwas on my boat and they are serving me well. now if I had more money than I knew what to do with I would probably try the tekotas if my daiwas ever fail.

Dick's sporting goods has buy one get one 50 percent off okuma 300ft copper set ups this week. Can always cut one down to a 200ft and make another 100ft.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55201086&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792.23087286.28824266

Also check out http://bloodruntackle.com/shop/shop/copper-fishing-line-wire-trolling/pre-spooled-okuma-convector-copper.html

You can pick what length and pound copper. They will be on the new 55CV high speed reels.

Not promoting just options

Looking for a high quality pair of copper reels to run 300 and 200 copper off of.

If your looking for a high quality reel for copper then check out the Okuma Clarion 453 and 553. Both are high speed (6to1). In order to have a proper amount of backer you will need 2 different sized reels.

200 copper= Okuma Clarion 453

300 copper= Okuma Clarion 553

Blood Run Tackle offers some great prespooled setups also: http://bloodruntackle.com/shop/shop/copper-fishing-line-wire-trolling.html

How much backing do you use for the clarion 55 for a 300 copper?

the only copper I have ever used came with a braid backing so I used about a 50' mono backing to keep the braid from slipping on the spool the just put the braid to the mono and reeled the braid and 300' of copper on top. the 55 should be big enough to hold this amount of line without any problem.