Salmon Buster spoons

Gnarf

Just got my order in the mail. A new product on the market. These spoons are made of lexan plastic. Anybody else trying these?

Some spoons are clear so light can pass thru, some are glow plastic and some UV. I can't wait to try these.

post-3565-14498788068714_thumb.jpg

saw them on his website. mr king makes some good tackle that catchs fish. that said any lure first has to catch a fisherman ! i was thinking about trying some i am just the type that buys most of my stuff offline. I always think anything new or very old-something not everyone else is pulling will catch fish. many of theese spoons are copys of his flashers. good luck with them.

Would be interesting to see what their action is like at different speeds. My assumption would be they would work best at slower speeds since the plastic material is lighter than metal spoons. Might work well to run on high lines when lake trout fishing with dodgers on riggers and divers.

Would be interesting to see what their action is like at different speeds. My assumption would be they would work best at slower speeds since the plastic material is lighter than metal spoons. Might work well to run on high lines when lake trout fishing with dodgers on riggers and divers.

he designed these to run and catch fish at all speeds

Got suckered in too! Placed an order last night. I'm thinking I can increase my spoon bite when I'm running a meat rig spread and traveling slow (1.8-2.2 mph). Plus they just look kind of cool - so another addition to my collection.

The hype looks great. Over the years I've found the best use of my tackle dollars come from buying spoons or rigs that either I or my buddies hit fish real good on very recently, then I open my wallet. It will be interesting to see how those spoons work when the season starts.

• 1 month later...

Funny, I used to post on that site. I ran black's releases with rubberbands. I was called an idiot.

Now he sells blacks releases.

I started running meat in the late 90's. I was called an idiot.

He ran meat exclusively, well, until he made spoons.

I ran inline boards with spoons on short cores for Brown's, and was called an idiot. Rapalas are the only way to catch Brown's in the spring.

Now he sells spoons. And will be using them for Brown's.

The guy has good ideas and makes quality product. But he changes his spots as needed to make income. I guess integrity has its price.

Cold winters late springs make for good brown trout fishing. Everyone was an expert last spring. I'll stick with my tactics honed in the lean years when I never saw a boat in close instead of the latest idea, which if the brown fishing was like last spring, well, it won't mean much.

Over 60 years ago my Grandfather used a plastic radiant spoon, same finish that is used on watch numerals to illuminate them and caught big rainbow trout on leadcore trolling. That was on a Washington state lake named Waits Lake, and he used those 1" to 11/2" spoons to match the minnows available in the lake. They worked really well. We did not understand speeds much then but the little 5 horse Martin motor trolled just about perfectly on a flat bottom plywood boat that was heavy and really stable.

I really think that speed will be critical with these large spoons, but are they much lighter than the cheap NorthPort nailers we used to troll>

The hype looks great. Over the years I've found the best use of my tackle dollars come from buying spoons or rigs that either I or my buddies hit fish real good on very recently, then I open my wallet. It will be interesting to see how those spoons work when the season starts.

I'm with you Ed it seems the fish still like a lot of the same spoons I have been using for years and I'll wait for word of this years hot new lures before I jump on board.

• 2 months later...

He ran meat exclusively, well, until he made spoons..........

Now he sells spoons.......

I don't fault guys for introducing new items but, I try to limit my purchases to two categories. Stuff that catches a lot of fish, or stuff that catches big fish. When it comes to fishing tackle I already own to much stuff.

That being said I did win some of Big Weenies new spoons and will be giving them a try next time I'm in Manistee.