W.M.F.L. Rules for 2015

Ok after reading thru all the input , and thanks to all that did, this is what I came up with. As you have noticed I did not change the blow date statement, I think to make this some what fair to some , this should be placed back in. And be the following Sunday, If I don't hear any controversy on that I will add it to the Schedule and remove the no blow date in the rules.

• Shot gun at 6 am , all boats need to be with in 1/4 mile of the pier heads and pull lines at Noon

• Weight in 1pm at the fish cleaning station

• We will fish predicted seas of 1-3' or less. (or game day call)

• If small craft advisories are in effect we, will not fish.

• I would like to encourage reports posted from teams after the events.

Communications encouraged on channel 72. Keep it clean for this is a family oriented event.:thumb:

1. Max of 9 rods in the water at one time.

2. Tourney Fees. 25 dollars for tourney, 5 dollars for big fish.

3. Tourney Pay Outs will be on 20 boats or less

a. 1st place 50%

b. 2nd Place 30%

c. 3rd Place 20%

i. 20+ boats = pay down 4 boats 40%,25%,20%, 15%

d. Tiebreaker will be biggest fish.

e. Big fish is winner takes all of big fish money.

4. weigh your best 5 fish with 10 points per fish and no points for lake trout

5. Max of 3 person limit per boat may be kept.

6. Money is due at weigh-in. Gentleman's honor to pay. Please pay if you are signed up. If you are having issues please contact me. So that I know not to look for you at the scale.

7. Start out of the same port as the weigh in.

8. If two members are fishing together, than the boat they are fishing out of gets the point.

9. Follow all other State and Federal Laws. The captain is responsible for his crew. Keep it safe.

10. Blow date will be the following day.

11. No charter Capt. and or current first mates.

12. You do NOT need to fish all events to partake in this league.

This is going to be a multi port league with it being Holland and South Haven. "Look for date schedule in a few weeks". We will fish 3 dates out of each port and there will be a trophy awarded to the season points champion. The season points champ will be the team with the best three scores at the end of the season regardless of port fished. That being said , the more of these you fish the better chance you have.

Ok if there any issues lets hear them.:)

Edited by DIRTY DOG

I like the way you have it Terry.

Jake has already sad no to Jim for mating this year, so he should be alright yes?

Blow dates don't bother me.

Would it would make sense to have the first event in the warmer waters of South Haven?

Just to be clear lakers are still good for weight, just no additional points correct?

Yes that is correct. A 18lb laker would be equal to a 8lb fish of any other species.

Awh man, no capt's or first mates?

Nick this is correct, there were few people that expressed a concern that made a valid point. Remember, this is a fun tourney to meet new people, not to cash a check.

I like the way you have it Terry.

Jake has already sad no to Jim for mating this year, so he should be alright yes?

Blow dates don't bother me.

Would it would make sense to have the first event in the warmer waters of South Haven?

Yes Jake is fine as long as he is not mating this season.

Ok, as some of you may have noticed there have been a few things removed from this thread, Ive heard both sides of the issue with rule number 11. And understand both side very well. But the rules have been set in place for this season and we will vote on this as a change for next year. If there are any other issues regarding rule number 11 please voice them thru privet message.