GLow flies and beads

Ok, this will sound like I have way too much time on my hands, well, I do,

I am laid up after back surgery and I have been surfing this and many other great lakes sites.

I am seeing a big deal on glow this and that.

I ordered more glow beads like a couple hundred is not enough when I noticed the diclaimer: glows 10-20 minutes.

I got to thinking so I got all my bead out and charged them all up and put them in a dark closet

Results: after 10 minutes they ALL were burned out. I did th esame test for my glow fly bodies, got worse results 8 minutes.

So does it really help, If I get board enough I am going to test my flashers.

for what it is worth

Big_fishman

Fisher Tackle Company makes the Squinchee(glow fly) and Twin Slam(tandem spinner) as well as many other usefull products.

I can tell you from experience that the beads on their flys will glow about an hour(normal glow beads) to several hours(super glow beads).

I can tell you that when the fish are on a hot glow bite, these products really catch the fish. John pioneered the use of a several components not found on other flies until the competion saw the need to compete for the ultra glow fly market.

I am biased because they are one of my sponsors, but then again I refuse to endorse products that won't produce.

Give em a try! You won't be disappointed!

check them out at: www.fishertackle.com

I am not against glo baits, I was painting stuff up in the late 80's but hope you see my point that unless your flies and beads glow longer than 10 minutes you might as well just use regular flies.

Do you recommend any colors, I will order some, seems they beat me to the punch, I better check out the flashers

I am laid up recovering from back surgery, I am having cabin fever bad, I have had three orders come in this week of stuff for spring and wife is not suspicious yet.:D

Thanks,

Brian

I have had three orders come in this week of stuff for spring and wife is not suspicious yet.:D

How do you get away with it? I only get away with it until the credit card bill comes in :D

btw....Welcome to Great Lakes Fisherman!

Actually a funny story: Wife and I were all set to marry, I sit her down and say honey, I ahve something serious to talk to you about, you can imagine the look and thoughts she had.

I told her I love to fish and like to hunt. She told me that was fine:

No, you do not under stand!!! She still told me it was fine.

Five years later she said I was crazy but lets me do it and has never said anything about my fishing stuff other than when all my reels we stolen when we moved from CA to TX. She simply said, " that is Gods way of punishing you for having to many". I can tell you those reels I do have are like rabbits, they are multiplying like crazy:grin:

• 2 years later...

When it comes to glow products, there are many variables to consider.

To get maximum glow time you need to consider the amount of charge time.

Camera flash gives a bright burst but not necessarily enough of a charge to do your glow lures justice.

Natural sunlight has the broadest spectrum of light. It's amazing the amount of glow given off when a lure sits on the boat deck in full sunlight for 20 minutes.

An ultraviolet light can be used to reveal the brightness of your glow lures and to charge them as well.

Just some of my own observations! Isn't cabin fever great? :no::lol:

ive seen most glow stuff and not been to happy with it. i found these glow sticks and that last 10-12 hrs and come in many colors. in this pic i have not activated the stick to make it glow. after its done glowing it will remain the glow color, if i want to use another later in time i just retie the loop in the leader and slide another stick onto the fly leader, i like it and works well!!!

sscn0230_thumb.jpg