W.m.f.l. 2015

South haven is a great port.

Leave the points for species as they are. Makes it more interesting. If the fishing was like some days last year every event will be a laker fest if I can average 20 points on those.

With a shotgun start, if you have a slow boat just stay by the piers and wait a minute while every body motors off. That's what we do in the 14'. Boundaries as far as you want to go as you're burning your fishing time that being the early bite while running. I won one of these and burned less than 2 gallons in my row boat never going more than 200 yards off shore. Way back in the northern king challenge my battery was dead and we didn't get running until 6 am and I knew my buddy had a good all day bite before north of Muskegon so we ran from Port Sheldon and ended up near Duck lake.

But then I have waypoints for Milwaukee and know how to pull cheese head browns....

I have the following thoughts:

Because I have smaller boat, the set lines @ 6 works better for me. But actually most of my fish have been caught after 9 am anyways. I'm willing to go with the shotgun start.

I would rather the ports stay within Port Sheldon to South Haven as my boat is on the south side of Grand Rapids.

I would like to see Lakers stay as a 5 point fish and have silver fish & browns all be 10 point fish.

I like the raise in cost to $25 per event.

I organized all my fishing gear once this year already. I'm almost ready for the season... Except I have my boat half torn apart. I'm working on rewiring & remounting rod holders & such.

Im not a fan of Lakers being the same points, simply because I'm not a fan of Lakers.

What ever is decided is cool with me though.

South Haven is a fun port with a big launch. It would make a great port.

I do like the shotgun start. When I ran the league guys where leaving the dock at 4:30 for a 6:00 am start?

I've never been involved but would be interested this year. Are these always on weekends? And is there a minimum number of events you have to fish in to participate?

Yes , these are one Saturday a month and you can fish as many as you wish. But to compete for the end of the season points championship you need to fish. At least 3.

How abou makeing it weigh 5 fish but weigh a 1 person DNR Limet , as in now more than 3 trout or five salmon.

Are you thinking one man limit at 10pts per fish? Or one man and the points the way they are?

Either way would work well.

I understand that some would still like to play the different strategies with the points the way the are now but at least with a one man limit the field wouldn't be dominated by a box of 4lb browns.

Are you thinking one man limit at 10pts per fish? Or one man and the points the way they are?

Either way would work well.

I understand that some would still like to play the different strategies with the points the way the are now but at least with a one man limit the field wouldn't be dominated by a box of 4lb browns.

I'm thinking catch 15, weigh your best 1 man leagle DNR Limet with all fish worth 10 point per fish. This way people would not be out strictly fishing for lake trout.

Yes , as in no more than 3 trout of any speices , example ,3 steelhead , 1 lake trout 1 browm 1 steelhead , or 2 lake trout and a steelhead , all examples of three trout , the other 2 must be salmon , or you could weigh all 5 as salmon, and get 10 points per fish max. Points is 50.

Ok , hears another question , what's every ones thought on charter capt. Fishing this. The way it was back in the day they were not aloud , but the past few years that had been removed , would anyone like that reinstated?

Has a captain ever fished the event in past to begin with?

Ive only fished a handfull of events and im expecting to only be able to make a couple this year but I would like to see the start and finish shifted back 1 hour. Pre dawn tactics can be half your catch or more on those slow days. At least in june and july.

Ive only fished a handfull of events and im expecting to only be able to make a couple this year but I would like to see the start and finish shifted back 1 hour. Pre dawn tactics can be half your catch or more on those slow days. At least in june and july.

Not a bad idea, especially if where having a shot gun start from the pier head.

Leave the pier head at 5:30 would allow us to have the spread out buy 6 am.

With the 1-man DNR limit, it's a max of three trout of one species. That would mean, for example I can catch three steelhead and 2 of another other species, whether they are lakers, browns, coho or kings it doesn't matter. They don't have to be salmon.

I'm not sure I would be up for starting earlier. If we had a shotgun start, could I just show up a little later and still fish the event?