what about them gas prices??

sherman51

gas is down to less than 2.00 a gallon here in Muncie Indiana. I found it for 1.99 a gallon. I read on another forum that gas was down to 1.74 in Toledo ohio. they are saying that the price will hit 1.50 by mid summer. what are your thoughts on this.

I should be able to make more trips to erie if the prices stay low through next summer. its a 700 mile round trip for me to go to erie in my old motorhome which only gets just over 6 miles per gallon. at 3.65 it costs a fortune in gas but at 1.50 it wont be so bad. then it was costing around 80.00 to 90.00 per day trolling. a 1.50 would make a big change in our trolling costs. good luck to you all next season.

You can be sure the government is already trying to figure a way to get more tax on it. Michigan already has a gas tax hike in the works (GET OUT AND VOTE NO)--Tell them to spend the current gas taxes on roads like their supposed to.

You can be sure the government is already trying to figure a way to get more tax on it. Michigan already has a gas tax hike in the works (GET OUT AND VOTE NO)--Tell them to spend the current gas taxes on roads like their supposed to.

Michigan actually has one of the lower fuel tax rates in the area. The issue is that sales tax is applied to the purchase and that money goes to the general fund. The proposal eliminates the sales tax and does indeed specify that the fuel tax is used for roads and transportation. The 1% sales tax hike request is being proposed to replace the lost revenue from the fuel sales tax elimination. As vehicles become more efficient, the state receives less revenue that is needed to maintain an aging highway system. There's probably no perfect answer, but the status quo is certainly not going to be successful.

The discussion about The highways and maintenance of them in Michigan is kind of a moot point. For too many years Michigan has let the highways deteriorate, kind of like if we don' pay attention maybe it will just not happen. What is needed is not more tax, but use the taxes we pay for roads to do the maintenance. Bridges are dangerous and roads especially the freeways are in terrible shape after years of patching and makeshift repairs. On I94 in Van Buren count they just put in new median barriers, but the money could have been better spent repairing areas of highway that needed attention.

As far as gas prices. After paying nearly $5 a gallon the last few seasons I am looking forward to some $3 gas at the Marina.

It pushes Michigan's gas tax to the highest in the country and also allows more hikes in the future without even a debate. We need less government waste not give them more to waste.

I've lived long enough to see that giving the government more money never really fixed anything.

I know here is Wisconsin the gas tax is per gallon of gas , So I guess they are saying to bring it on , sell more . Right now its at 2.09 and forecast to drop possibly another 20 cents. and then level out .

My truck is hiccuping right now , gas has never been this cheap sense I bought it . Makes the 14mpg not seam so bad.

Late September I bought my 2014 Ram 1500 ecodiesel . Then gas prices plummeted...lol!

At the time diesel was 3.79 and regular was 3.45 a gallon. Now, diesel is 2.88 and regular 1.72. Just my luck! It won't last long though. Oil only went down to stop oil companies from tapping into new honey holes, making it a easy choice to continue getting it from the middle east.

I know here is Wisconsin the gas tax is per gallon of gas , So I guess they are saying to bring it on , sell more . Right now its at 2.09 and forecast to drop possibly another 20 cents. and then level out .

My truck is hiccuping right now , gas has never been this cheap sense I bought it . Makes the 14mpg not seam so bad.

yea my f350 superduty crew cab only gets 12 mpg and that's highway miles. but it keeps begging for some of this cheap gas, LOL.

gas is down to 1.86 now. its going down faster than I can keep up with, LOL.

Edited by sherman51

Late September I bought my 2014 Ram 1500 ecodiesel . Then gas prices plummeted...lol!

At the time diesel was 3.79 and regular was 3.45 a gallon. Now, diesel is 2.88 and regular 1.72. Just my luck! It won't last long though. Oil only went down to stop oil companies from tapping into new honey holes, making it a easy choice to continue getting it from the middle east.

What do you think of your ecodiesel so far? And how does the performance compare to a gas 1/2 ton?

gas prices aren't as good here as in grand haven Michigan at 1.66 a gallon, but I did fill up my car for 25.00 at a 1.86. at this price or lower im planning on doing my ice fishing in ft. pierce florida the month of feb. right now I even plan to take my old 16' tri hull boat to use as a sled, LOL.

What do you think of your ecodiesel so far? And how does the performance compare to a gas 1/2 ton?

So far I love it. Pulls my 22ft trophy much better than my 08 silverado and gets 18 mpg towing. I pull about 28 mpg express way and 25 combined. I can get over 30mpg on trips where i can scoot at about 60 mph. The 8 speed tranny is so smooth.