Zone 7a-b at the todd farm

Hey guys, I have never hunted either of these zones on the south end of the farm. I would be quite interested in giving them a try if they are ever still available when we get to the board. I know that the area is quite wet, and marshy, and it will be even more so this year due to the expansion of the ditch and irrigation improvements. Was wondering if anybody has had luck here in the past. I know duck hunting can be good here, but mainly wondering about geese. Also wondering if there is an open dry area to lay decoys. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Depends on the year for water. Will be mostly pass shooting on the geese. If you drop one behind you best of luck finding it.

The trees in that area are all dead now not sure if that will change.

There is no corn, you will need a layout bind and then grass it up. Or just try to hide in the grass.

To be honest I would pick 7d to g before a or b any day. Had a 14 duck morning in e one time...

Depends on the year for water. Will be mostly pass shooting on the geese. If you drop one behind you best of luck finding it.

The trees in that area are all dead now not sure if that will change.

There is no corn, you will need a layout bind and then grass it up. Or just try to hide in the grass.

To be honest I would pick 7d to g before a or b any day. Had a 14 duck morning in e one time...

Thanks! Is there any corn or hiding spots in the neighboring zones, or dry decoy areas? Or is it all water there too?

Never seen water beyond 7B.. The corn starts about half way down zone C and goes all the way to the east. These zones are your typical corn to hide and hay out front for the decoys.

This will all change when they get the diking done down there but I don't think that applies to this year.

We did have a couple nice hunts in 7A but always a bird or two, not an epic hunt. But then most of my duck hunts at the Todd Farm are a bird or two...