Ludington Fishing Report (Captain Chuck's)

Sept 17, 2014

Fishing remains steady. Finally the warmest water in the lake; just like last yr; was out in the middle of the lake is now pushing in and setting up the water better. Good fishing from the 35's into the 4000's, 54's south into the 40's. Best rods for me were suprisingly the divers with Spin Doctors and Meat Rigs, 140-150ft on highs and 50-60 on low wires. 8" UV/UV w/Yellow Gasoline Meat Rig 140ft back was best, Mtn Dew/Cold Steel, Black Crush/Moo Moo, Blue Crush/Blue Moo. All my spoon bites were on Mixed Veggie and SOG colors on riggers and coppers except for 1of ea bites on a Starburst and Reverse Riverside super Slims on 100 and 150ft coppers. Yeck Perch, Mixed Veggie; Moonshine Wild Perch, 007, Craigs Flounder, DW SOG. Marked a lot of "big" hooks 70-90ft down whether these are mature Kings or big Trout I don't know I couldn't get these fish to go, deepest bite was the main on a rigger at 50ft. All the fish were empty--no bait even though I did mark some pods of bait. Unlike a couple of days ago the fish on the graph were not moving through the column and into the spread and appeared to be inactive but the bite was still good. 210-230egree troll was best but hard to hold angle and speed driving into 3-4ft waves. after a short morning a couple of pukers called it and wanted to go in, we tried an east troll in the following seas to see if they felt better and had only 1 bite where the west was steady. Nice 3 yr old Kings were the bulk of the catch with a few steelies and a coho thrown in.

Brought to you by Captain Chuck's

DiverDennis is not affiliated with Captain Chuck's