Masted planer board line?

AllenW

I've been playing with my masted planner board set up from Riviera and been using the store (Cabela's) bought line to run the boards, it's nice and bright, but a bit short.

Any suggestions on line to use?

Maybe 50-100# braid or ??

tia

Al

Both of my Big Jon spools split. I replaced them with Traxstech spools. They go right on with only a bushing replacement, much stouter than the previous spools. They come spooled with heavy mono. No need for a snubber since the mono stretches if your boards pull as hard as mine. Clips slide right down like on bearings. I have used the "shark line", which is like 200# braid. It works ok, but in waves it jerks the boards bad due to no stretch, causing clips to flip around line and tangle.

Both of my Big Jon spools split. I replaced them with Traxstech spools. They go right on with only a bushing replacement, much stouter than the previous spools. They come spooled with heavy mono. No need for a snubber since the mono stretches if your boards pull as hard as mine. Clips slide right down like on bearings. I have used the "shark line", which is like 200# braid. It works ok, but in waves it jerks the boards bad due to no stretch, causing clips to flip around line and tangle.

Thanks, I like the stretch factor also, any idea what test that mono was?

Al

Check out SNL corp out of Florida

They have 400 pound mono that's pretty cheap.

I use it for my duck decoy lines but will work as a main line for your mast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a bit of trouble trying to find prices much less ordering on line?

al