p/s solo limit 8/28evening and then some

dont want to post this info but most guys are fishing out too far.:lol: i started in 70 and trolled to 200fow lots of cohos in 185 to 200fow all on dipsies with 8in yellow dot pro troll with a mirage fly with purple and yellow beads the steelhead was over 12lbs and pushing 34inches and not a skam.:no: so was trolling in and hit 70fow and the screened blewup with baid so i turned on a s and sw troll and all 3 rods went within 2 minutes and landed all three:lol: was fighting fish for the last hour an half letting the 2 & 3yr and cohos go. braid back on 90 w magnum mag lurk uv diver (this diver is hot!!!!!! on dipsies) w nitro blue with black dots spoon(10ft leader to the dipsey with 2 snubbers so i can handline the fish solo wo losing a finger when they dive at the net lol. riggger down 70 free slider with double ss gold orange crush took 2 17to 19lb kings and the copper 300 with yellow dot closer with oceana took some......was catching fish as fast as i could reset and the cohos and little kings were in the bait susp 39to 55 with marks but the big kings were under the bait and 10 to 15ft deeper water ...hint (80 to 85)lol s or sw troll 2.4 to 2.7at the ball. was a huge temp break at 45down and the rigger was in the 40's at the ball set 70down. a charter landed 9 kings in there this morning before the waves got too rough and my buddy pulled 17 from 70 to 90 this morning using meat rigs. Sorry for sharing info buddy but these fish are so golden brown they wont last long before running the river and the so many guys only had a couple of fish at the launch. Im a cameraman for salmon showdown tv so my fishing has come to an end unless i can get out tonight:mad: check the port sheldon bouy temp map if its in the 40's 55 to bottom those big 4 yr olds will be there bc there lazy and r staging to run the rivers....all those 4yr olds had the hooks buried so the feed is still on. good luck and fish on!!!!:thumb:ps u wont mark them til late evening bc i trolled thru there in the afternoon and marked one or two but they are there hugging bottom with there big bellies and eggs cooling on the bottom sand. :D

Good job on finding fish, I think if you check that the mature Kings are mostly 3 year old fish. We have Washington and Oregon strain fish here and they run at 3. 4 year old fish are from Alaska. I have spoken to several fish biologists and they seem to believe we have rare 4 year old Kings and all Coho mature at 3.

Agree almost zero 4 year olds anymore. Good Job last night your the only one that did anygood that i know, and i fished the same water, so did 2 other guys i know, so good job i guess. How many did you end up with with 3 rods?

landed ten but kept 1 bleeding coho the big steelhead and 3 big kings. I was the only boat north of the stacks( no other boats from ps were north of me but had 3 boats surround me while i was fighting fish at the end:lol:) My charter friend has been getting big kings in grand haven in 45-65fow all week i just didnt believe him and assumed it was just the river scum line he was fishing:no:: my buddy was in 70 fow fishing south of port sheldon and he was the only boat that shallow when i found them at 8pm but he was using meat rigs and landed a 23# in there last night too. i offered two guys at the launch if they wanted my fish and they both said no bc they only had one ugh. that was after they saw the fish and I think they saw how dark they were lol

Thats very odd considering we were north of the stack set up in 70 and ended in 70, both the guys i knew that were out also set up in the same water, didnt mark almost anything, or catch they were 1-2 and 1-1, you must have found the only hungry school out there and you were not the only boat up there. We never saw a fish caught out the of the 10 plus boats around us. Other than the 4 we had. Again good job.:confused:

not sure what to tell u but two boats at the launch recognized me from fishing tournaments and they saw my cooler full of fish so not sure what to tell u. but i live in allendale if u want to come by and see the carcasses bc they are still sitting in a five gallon bucket:lol: i'll make u a better offer u come to my subdivision and i will give u the whole bag of fillets and the ziplock bags full of eggs. i only take home a 1,000 a week if im lying u take my paycheck .....u can follow my gps tracks bc i mark all bait balls and where i catch the fish 505 to 507 are the waypoints. If i win u bury the guts in my garden for me and u post a pic of yourself on this website holding the guts.:thumb:

not saying you didnt catch them, just that you were wernt the only boat up there north of the stacks in that water, just the only boat to catch fish, i fish tournys to. Won the Michigan Sportsman tourny last weekend actually. I have a freezer full of eggs and fillets to, congrats on a great night. Doesnt matter now this wind pushed them all over hell im sure and pushed the warm water back in. Ill be out tommorow and to see what we can find. Good Luck

Congrats Chris. North of the stacks but not in front of them....hint hint. probably just dumb luck and chance;) gotten limits 4 of 5 trips in last ten days but alot has to do with who your in contact with e.g. so if my guys are landing 10 to 20 fish on that morning's charter my goal is to catch 25 to 50% of there numbers that evening. U should check out the salmon wagon facebook page captain mike harvey has been killing it all week and his details of what's hot and water depth.....well u can take it to the bank bc that dude catches fish. sea flea charters has been posting pics of 15 22 fish all week too. captain willis at fishon bait and tackle on m-104 too is a stand guy u can stop in his shop in early afternoon and he will tell depth and what baits worked for him that morning .(it helps to buy a fly or two too lol) these guys put me on the fish its my job to figure out how to catch these pea brain sized kings that r gifts from God himself:thumb:

Nice job Targa and a big thanks for the report and for giving the glory back to God. He knew what he was doing when he created those pea brains and probably gets quite a kick out of all of us trying to outsmart them. There have been days when for no reason at all I set down on top of the fish first thing in the morning and can't keep a rod in the water when the rest of the crowd did hardly any, so I know it can happen. Also had other days where a boat 100yrds from me if cleaning house on the fish and I can't put it together.(helps to have inside info) Thanks as well for the reports that are not doing as well because they all help us that are not out there as much.

Bob