Port Sheldon 8/24am 2 for 4

Left the launch at about 6:00am and ran out 85fow. Had all the rods set by 6:30 and started a W troll. Had a double on before 7:00am and managed to land one 8lb king(105fow). Went a while with no hits and then had a rip on a dipsy set on 3 140ft back. Came off when my dad took the rod out of the rod holder. At about 9:00 had a rip on another dipsy set on 3 160ft back and after about a half hour of tug of war, we managed to land a 22lb King:D It began to rain right before he hit and we saw several other boats hooked up, do salmon tend to hit more in rain?

What worked:

rigger set at 65 with glow wonderbread type magnum spoon/ top line set at 55 with dark green spoon that i added glow polka dots to(I call it green acne:) 1 for 2

Green and white glow spin doctor with green seaweed fly(1 for 2)

Considering I am a 13yr old kid and my dad and i dont get out that often I would say we did quite good. Plus we have a 16ft. boat and 20yr old equipment:grin:

Thanks for the report. We have a 19' Wellcraft and a bunch of old setups mixed in with some newer stuff. Whatever works, works. We only replace stuff that NEEDS replacing (but it is fun to add cool new stuff to the rotation once in a while).

We had a similar trip on the 24th. Got soaked and cold but it was worth it.