Mon 8-25-2014 Saginaw Bay Walleye

Joe S, Tom E, and Fred T, joined me for a fun morning on the bay. We started out marking lots of fish but the takers were few. I decided not to run and gun but to hang tough and see if we could make it happen. The bite went from Slooooooow to Woooooooooooow and then back to Slooooow. The bite varied with the waves and cloud cover. Joe is still working so we ended the trip with 18 walleye, 2 nice perch and a catfish. This was Fred's first trip aboard P1 and I hope he'll join us again. Our best color by far was a #4 glow chartreuse tiger pattern. Speed was a critical factor. With the waves varying it was difficult to hit the 1.5 MPH sweet spot. I decided to pull one bag and troll with just the port bag. Problem solved. The boat control was definitely tougher with one bag but doable. We were fishing near the extreme W bay shore in 12-15 FOW. When we were in our target zone area the graph was covered with fish from top to bottom. The key today was speed and trying to coax the neutral fish to bite. There was a bug hatch taking place and the fish were full of bugs and minnows. 1oz bouncers off the boards and 3 oz bouncers off the down rods. The bite is a bit tougher than the mid May through Mid July heydays, but the company was GRRRR8 and the Bay keeps giving if you want to put the time in. Gotta Luv it, the Good Lord knows I do.

dsc00761_a.jpg

dsc00760_a.jpg

dsc00758_a.jpg