What was your best catch in 2006

Hello Members and Guest,

Just like to see all of your best catch of 2006 fishing for salmon or what ever you did the best at. Lets see some picture's and where you happen to catch them at.

Here is my best catch in 2006

bestcatch.jpg

Yep my two buddies and I was camping at Frankfort early in the morning in August and happen to catch 9 kings and a coho, one king was 20lbs. We fished at 5am and was all done by 6:30am that morning. It was the best time I ever had on Lake Michigan last year. Heck at one time I had 8 rods set up and 7 rods went off at the sametime.:eek:

What about you all,

Cazz

Our most memorable trip of the year was the middle of May prefishing in South Haven. In South Haven, we caught a true 6 person limit of 18 Kings, 1 Coho, 7 Lake Trout, and 4 Steelhead in only 1 1/2 hours. It was crazy fishing and the funniest thing was we had 28 fish and still needed 2 Kings to make the 18 King limit. I don't have a photo of this trip as there was no place for a picture in South Haven.

this is a pic of my brother inlaw that has not been trolling in close to 20 years and never gotin a limet of any thing and heavey action in late may out of sagatuck

rabbits2006017.jpg

this was 9 small kings 1 laker and 3 cohosthis was all done in about an hour and a half

rabbits2006009.jpg

this was a good catch for myself and heavy actoin in the same area this was 6 kings and 1 coho and a laker in 65min.

but the best was when we where in ludington around the 5 of augast and ended up with 17 kings 4 stealys in 2 hours with 3 of use to bad 8 of the kings came all at once as we where trieing to pull lines at dark and all had to be released:grin:

JacobManistee.jpg

This trip was my best in 06 for a couple of reasons. It was my grandson's first Salmon Fishing trip. We lost some nice fish trying to get Jacob to catch the first one. :) LOL I think he's hooked. He keeps talking about Manistee in August of 07. We did manage some VN fish, and Jacob knows there is more to fishing than catching fish.

This trip was also my brother Jack's last fishing trip. I was with him on his first, and last fishing trip, and a quite a few in between 1947-2007. See you L8r Big Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

One day in mid august out of Olcott NY on Lake Ontario, just me and dad in the boat running our 4 rods. The lake had just flipped from some NE winds and everybody else picked up and ran offshore to fish.

On a hunch we stayed inside and found good numbers of matures in 50-80 fow and we had the lake to ourselves. We ended up 7/9 and our 6 king limit weighed 18 1/2, 21, 24, 27, 28 and 30 lbs.

We had plenty of day when we caught more fish, but that was our best trip on stricly matures for the year.

Here's the group lined up

fullbox1.jpg

and here's Dad with his first 30 lber

Dads30.jpg

Tim

One day in mid august out of Olcott NY on Lake Ontario, just me and dad in the boat running our 4 rods. The lake had just flipped from some NE winds and everybody else picked up and ran offshore to fish.

On a hunch we stayed inside and found good numbers of matures in 50-80 fow and we had the lake to ourselves. We ended up 7/9 and our 6 king limit weighed 18 1/2, 21, 24, 27, 28 and 30 lbs.

We had plenty of day when we caught more fish, but that was our best trip on stricly matures for the year.

Here's the group lined up

fullbox1.jpg

and here's Dad with his first 30 lber

Dads30.jpg

Tim

Your making me jealous with envy! Do you have any more pictures like this?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a few CRAZY good days on Lake Ontario last year.

On July 4th, my buddy Gump and I were back at the dock with our two-man limit, had all the fish cleaned, and the boat cleaned, scrubbed, and put down by 8:00am.

DSC02721.jpg

On Sept. 16th we found a wad of steelhead out a few miles off shore and ended up boating 16 steelhead, a couple of coho's and a few kings.

Sept162006007.jpg

Sept162006017.jpg

Sept162006009.jpg

On August 19th, my Dad & I went out for a quick evening trip and came back a couple of hours later with this catch:

AUgust19-20036.jpg

AUgust19-20003.jpg

Im gonna have to say it was a week or two after the 4th of july. There was a crazy school of Kings off Oak Orchard. 3 of us on board and we landed 20 kings in just 4 hours. We lost a few too. It was sick! We lost a major that I couldnt turn.

• 2 months later...

We had some good days on the Lake last year, but the day I remember most was in the river. We were bobber fishing kings in the lower end of a river in Michigan. A buddy and I show up mid-day and end up landing 35 kings in just over 2 hours, missed a decent number of bites as well. The other four guys around us hooked 5 all day. The thing I remember most was the kid that was with them saying "Daddy look he hooked one on his first cast" then a couple seconds later "daddy they both have fish on".:lol:

I think this one was from that day

P8250057.jpg

Too many to count!

4616a13c09a5afe2.jpg

25#+ King caught off Olcott last Labor Day weekend. Biggest salmon on the Storm to date. We danced a jig for 20 minutes after it hit the bottom of the boat!

james_walleye_331.5_in_13.8_lbs2.jpg

33 5/8" 12# eye in the middle of summer! Imagine this fish in the pre-spawn...15 or 16#??? Fish popped off the rigger and it was a first timer on the boat that was due up. So he grabbed the rod and it didn't move...uh oh! This is a BIG one! Of course it got wrapped up in the other rigger while down there and after it finally surfaced we all gasped at the size of it. We all freaked out because it was about 6 feet out of net range and the spoon off the other rigger was at the end of the rod the fish was on. So Jimmy jumped up on the motor and untangled it while we watched the biggest walleye we have ever seen is rolling around in the prop wash! It finally got netted and is on the newbie's wall. Talk about beginner's luck. (Sorry about the pic quality, it is from a cell phone)

No pic for it, but the end of June last year, most guys were still trolling the "inside" waters where 'eye fishing had been HOT for the last 2 weeks off Conneaut, OH. The surface temps were getting where I wanted them and I knew that schoolies should be moving in from the western basin out in the trench (70+ fow). So everybody agreed lets avoid the crowds and go do something different so I pointed her NW and motored out 6 1/2 miles to the trench, not another boat in sight. Ran the first dipsy back and before we could get it in the holder...FISH ON! Long story short, the 4 of us, never got 8 rods in the water. 24 'eyes in the boat in less than 45 minutes. TRAIN WRECK!

61706eyes3.jpg

First great day of '06. 5 1/2 hours caught a 4 man limit plus 4 throwbacks, all good to excellent quality fish. 7 'eyes over 7# including 1 over 10#.