8-17-2014 Saginaw Bay Walleye

I fished with Ryan M, his son Cody, and Travis. They got their limit but I was slacking as mine is the last to fill. We had a slow start but we were taking fish quite fast at the end but Ryan had a commitment so we called it a day. :) Good colors were chartreuse glow tiger pattern, and Rainbow trout. 1.5 MPH 10-19 FOW. 2oz off ten Offshore boards and 3 oz on the down rods. It was a learning experience for the boys who did most of the set up and fighting and netting fish. Ten boards can be intimidating if ya never did it before. They earned their stripes. :) It was a perfect morning on the beautiful Saginaw Bay. GR8 times with good people.:)

We also got to talk with Phil a DNR officer who took the pic of all four of us. Phil was standing by @ the launch, a few weeks back, when I pulled a boat into safety and docked about mid night out of Au Gres.

Ryan M, and son Cody spent 14hrs in the Saginaw Bay in 2012 when their boat took 3 big waves over the bow. TG they were rescued and able to fish again. I feel blessed every trip but this one was special. Ryan is also helping me with a replica SM Bass for my grandson Alex.:) TYVM Ryan.

dsc00752_a.jpg

dsc00751_a.jpg

dsc00750_a.jpg