I haven't posted a report in a while due to being busy and nothing special to post about. Fish have been scattered and no real pattern has stood out. But yesterday was pretty stellar.

Fished WMFL in the morning with future brother-in-law and some friends. Had heard a report of some bigger fish in shallower water so set up in 65 FOW a little south of the piers. From there we picked away at them all morning, I think we only had one double, but ended up 8 for 11. All but two fish came on meat and one hit on a spinny and fly. Best fishing was in 75 FOW on the south end of the slides and we never broke 80 FOW all morning. Ended up taking 1st in WMFL with 67 lb total for our 5. A big thanks to Big Lake Lures for sponsoring the event.

Rigs that worked:

Green/Chrome 10" SD w/ green squid/UV head meat rig 65 down on the rigger - Hot

Blue Bubble/White 8" SD w/ Blue Moo Moo meat rig 60 back on diver

White/green dots 8" SD w/ green glow meat rig 90 back on diver

Green Frog 8" SD w/ green glow meat rig 90 back on diver

Mag DW Lemon ice on rigger 45' down

Green/White 8" SD w/ mirage fly/green beads on 250 cu got hit as I was putting the board on it but never got touched after that

Sunburst Super Slim on 5 color

Went back out in the evening with some HS friends. Got lines set around 6:30 and pulled at just after 9:30. Started out slow but got crazy as the sun was setting. Thank goodness for auto pilot is all I can say :) Again, meat rigs were the hottest by far. We did fish a little deeper, starting in 75 but catching most of our fish in 90-105 FOW. Fish were about the same class as in the morning.

Setups:

Clear/Purple 10" SD w/ Purple UV meat rig on rigger 70' down - couldn't keep it in the water at dusk

Green/Chrome 10" SD w/ green squid/UV head Meat rig 65' down

Blue/Chrome 10" SD w/ Blue UV meat rig on diver 120' back

Blue Bubble/White 8" SD w/ Blue Moo Moo meat rig on diver 100' back

Green Frog 8" SD w/ green glow meat rig on diver 80' back

Big Lake Lures Pink Lemonade on rigger 45' down

Green/Chart/Chrome/White tape 8" protroll w/ mirage fly/green beads on 300 cu

#3 Wonderbread J-plug on 10 color