fly knots

had couple knots break yesterday. what type of knot should i be using for my flies at the hook. guy told me to try polamer knot, will be running some today but would appreciate some input from some of you experienced folks.thanks much. p.s. not enough bites to be loosing any to broken knots lol

For over 35 years I have been using the Uni-Knot, in the North American Fisherman knot test it tested stronger than any other simple knot they tested. There are some doubled up knots that were slightly stronger, but this one is simple and I have never had a knot fail. I

I agree with Chris that either the improved clinch or palomar are best. I can tie the improved clinch much faster so use it more frequently on the boat, but I use the palomar tying flies and leaders up at home.

Reel Therapy

Agree with Chris and Clyde, on flies I always use improved clinch or palomar because they are easy and seem to hold down tight with lrg # test 40 or 50# that flies require. On all other hooks/lighter lines I use the no name knot or as some call it (after berkly stole it) the Berkley knot great for smaller hooks and never fails if tied correctly! All of these are fast and easy!