We certainly hear a lot of grumbling about the slower fishing lately and I alway...

We certainly hear a lot of grumbling about the slower fishing lately and I always try to educate people as to how good our fishery is. Look at these results from Lake Ontario to see that out of 43 teams 19 didn't weigh a fish and 15 more weighed one and only one team weighed 5.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/p100x100/10405510_10203331454705152_932806950633332868_n.jpg

Tom Allen

Congratulations To Team Screamer for their win in the 2014 3rd Annual A-TOM-MIK Invitational, a tough event this year with minimal fish taken. Great job guys !!

GLF_ProStaff.png

Captain Craig, In the southern lake, fishing has slowed a bit for the last few weeks, but we are still getting between 5 and 10 fish per trip. Today was a short day due to the Captains alarm clock not going off becasuse of a power issue Saturday nite. However we managed to boat 5, 2 steelhead 2 Kings and a nice Laker. In St. Joe we are fishing in shallower than normal and taking advantage of the off shore winds bringing the cold water in. So Fishing not as good as it used to be? Not too sure about that, I have been fishing the Lake since the early 1970's and we certainly don't have the numbers we had prior to the Zebra mussel becoming an issue but we still have a lot of fish.

Many thanks to Capt. Craig and Mike for sticking up for fishing on Lk. Mich.. It may have been late coming, but we are certainly seeing an increase in bigger and more fish in Ludington these days. I can't figure out why there seems to be a rumor to the contrary either. Every year has it's ups and downs, that's a 35 year tip from an elder, fishing since the early 80's. The BEST Is YET TO COME imho. The best could be in early Sept., like everything else, it's running late after that brutal winter. I'm betting late August is going to be balistic on big fish too.