Saginaw Bay Walleye 8-7-2014

I fished with Scott j, Chuck A, and Tom D, for a 4 man limit of walleye. We were done and pulling lines by 9:30 and we farmed 3 keepers at the end. Our last fish of the day was the nicest with the board being under water for three or four minutes. We fished shallow water again and fought the weeds continuously. Our best color by far was the glow chartreuse tiger pattern, followed by Antifreeze, purple, and hammered copper. One 3 oz down rod accounted for at least 5 fish. It was strange but the port side caught about 75% of the fish. Uphill was our best troll. We were on 18 when I made the turn and picked up 5 quick fish. 2oz BB off the boards. :) It was an easy trip with a very good crew. This is the first time I fished with Scott and he fit right in.

dsc00739_a.jpg

dsc00740_a.jpg

Nice job Frank! :thumb: fished in there last weekend and caught a lot of fish but I would almost fish out deep and get less bites then fight those stupid weeds...LOL!!:lol::lol:

I hear you Scott. But some guys don't get out as much as you and I do. When you only fish four or so times a year all you care about is a good time and numbers.:) Get them on the fish. They were prepared for what was to come. And what difference is it pulling boards in or casting and reeling? Keep em busy and you get less complaints. :lol: I love every minute I can spend out there. We are truly blessed being able to play this game.

Great Job as always Frank.

But why fight the weeds? Why not use in line weights and leads just long enough to tickle the tops?

Don't get hung up on the word bottom. My bouncers are well off that. We were fighting floating weeds on the boards and they would also run down the line.:) Bottom Bouncers can be run like inline weights but inline weights do a poor job at best of bouncing the bottom.:)

I hear you Scott. But some guys don't get out as much as you and I do. When you only fish four or so times a year all you care about is a good time and numbers.:) Get them on the fish. They were prepared for what was to come. And what difference is it pulling boards in or casting and reeling? Keep em busy and you get less complaints. :lol: I love every minute I can spend out there. We are truly blessed being able to play this game.

Oh I hear yeah! I like action and catching but those weeds suck!:grin: