Trophy 2002 / 2052

Hi guys...new here...

I'd like to hear from the guys that are actually running Trophys out there. I'm looking at the 2002 and 2052's (2001 and newer)... If you own something else that would suit my needs, feel free to offer input. I'd like to avoid brand bashing if at all possible.

Why I'm looking for a Trophy:

1. I need a Lake Michigan salmon boat that is easy to trailer.

2. I would like to stay between 10-20K...unless my dream rig come up.

3. I will fish with my spouse and 3 kids... I want something with as high of a gunwale as possible due to having a 2 and 3 year old on the boat. Cabin space isn't a big deal, as long as they can go down stairs and play/nap.

4. I've seen a lot of turn key rigs in my price range...seems hard to find a better all around boat for the money.

Input fellas?

Thanks!

I have a 99 trophy 2052 and really like it. It has a 4.3 i/o. I just picked up a 9.9 kicker last night so that should cut fuel costs and make it easier to dial in speed. I picked the trophy for the same reasons as you and have never doubted the choice.

post-3189-14498787986341_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 2005 1802 this spring and absolutely love it. I was told by a person in the boating industry that 2005 is when their "record" started to improve. That did not factor into my decision one bit, I could tell that the previous owner took care of it and everything seemed great. Good luck, I doubt you will be disappointed.

I'm on my third Trophy. Started with an 18ftr then 20 and now have a 2005 2352HT. I have never had any problems with any of the Trophy boats. It does seem that 2005 and after have much improved. They are definitely worth the price. If you can find one that has been well maintained you won't be disappointed.

Jim