Is anybody doing anything in Muskegon? Had my first skunk yesterday. Fog COLD crazy! since the water was so cold I fished from 27 fow to the mix water out to 120 markinging very very I mean very few fish heard some chatter out in the 200's but didnt head out found pockets of 55 degree top water mixed in amongst the 48 degree top water fished the breaks blah blah blah nothing nothing! Please help if ya can I have my daughter and her friend (friend never been fishing of any kind) going this afternoon and tomorrow morning sure would be great to put them on some fish! Gonna head out and start in the 200 and 300's cuz well if fished everything in close and couldnt find a fish! Heck there are guys starting to jig in muskegon lake maybe I ought start in there guys I'm at a loss never seen it like this--this late! Any help greatly apreciated!!:eek::eek::eek:::confused::thumb:

people are catching some fish out in deeper water top 40 fow on meat rigs and anything orange and gold spoons. 130-200fow. im going to try it tonight starting at 120 and try to find a temperature break. fishing is just not good at all right now we need the temp to build up next week.

I fished muskegon this morning started in 90 fow did not get a hit till 160fow

then the fun began started with a triple went 2/3 300 copper with s/s green alwive braid dipsey 150 back white flasher w/pickle sunshine fly rigger down 40 with bloody nose spoon nice steelehead & 2 big kings the one i lost was a pig straightened hook out then another nice steelehead on the same 300 copper just got him in the boat and the dipsey went again nice coho turned back in at 240fow and picked up 2 lakers on 5 colors lead orange crush a big lake grand slam sure was nice because last 2 trips out were skunks

Thanks Charles! We went out yesterday as well! I took a couple passes in close when I saw the 63 degree surface water and the bait balls around the pier got nothing going headed out to 80/90 fow for a couple passes nothing (48 degree surface temp) then out to 135 nothing headed out from there took a hit at 145 (47 surface temp) big steelie wasnt hard to see since he jumped about 4 ft lost him then nothing trolled out to 170 fow with nothing going but we didnt get to that 160/170 water until around 11am not the ideal time fished an hour or so and went in! First time ever in my life skunked two trips out in a row very humbling lol its lake mich oh well. Had the kids here for a week and with the fog cold water blah blah blah not a single fish in the boat! Kids are loosing interest in going out they dont want to go today (saturday) so we will probably not get out but Sunday my second oldest has a friend and his father coming out so we will be out all day Sure hope I can get them some fish. Already sent home a girlfriend of my daughters pretty disapointed with no fish. Again "hey that's big lake fishing and I just didnt put us on the fish!! Thanks for the reports I can use all the help I can get to get these kids some fish and keep the addiction alive for the next generation!!! Bolt man-- as you can see not worth a crap! I've been far to spoiled/ and lucky for to many years it finally caught up with me Fish winning!!! zero to the boat thus far only one more day to go!!

I don't think you were the only skunk out there today. I'm a memeBer of that club also today. And, I think there were many others...

Two releases, but, by the time I got to the rod they were gone.

140 green wiggle wart body bait on 3 color (I was trying everything...)

164 orange crush spoon 64' down on the rigger

And, yes, with the fog, and fishing solo, it took me a while to get out that deep, as well.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Fish on!

We went NW out of Muskegon this morning from 50 to 300 fow off Duck Lake/Whitehall, speed was mostly 2.8-3.0 on the GPS. Finished 6 for 8( a couple other rips here and there, gone before the rod was touched), one 21lb king, a couple 6-7lb griller kings, a 11lb Skam, decent laker, and released a small laker. Lost the one on a double and the other straightened the ring on a swivel.

wire Dipsy 160 back took 1 on SD/meat rig, 100 copper took 1 on a orange spoon, 300 copper took 2 big white paddle/meat, full core 1 dont remember but a spoon, rigger took 1chrome red head J

Hope it helps, most of our action was past 150 on out. Found a couple areas of warmer surface water, the fish were there. Lots of steelhead surfacing out deep.