Wisdom on Wind direction

Alright seasoned veterans,

Who can share their wisdom concerning wind direction and its effects on starting points, IE most probable locations that will hold bait and/or our prize catch when heading out in the AM or PM after a strong SW wind or NE wind etc...

I have temp/speed probe at the ball, fish finder and all the presentations I know of but struggle on locating a good stating point when heading out after a wind direction change and shake up of the water temps.

I'm a weekend fisherman at best, hence the "Weekend Hooker" tag for my boats, and the depth of my knowledge when it comes to wind direction and effects on fishing is the basic W wind brings in the top water and rolls over making temps higher near shore and winds from the E blow out top water and bottom water rolls in to replace it bringing in the colder water.

Forever grateful for your incite and wisdom,

Scott

So if that is all there is to wind direction, what factors do you guys take into consideration when deciding where to start?

Go north, south,,,, Start shallow,, run out deeper ??

I know it's not exact science but surely there are factors that come into play. Just trying to pick up tips if anyone cares to share their routine with us all.

TIA

Scott

I'm new at this, but I have already found several pieces of "structure" fishing in the Holland area (especially when fishing shallower the 130 fow). I have found some of these are places I like to be when the currents are from certain directions. One thing I've tried is working a NW or a SW direction until I start marking fish, then I'll start working a NNW/NNE or SSW/SSE to try and stay near the same depth.

Its probably easier if the water has warmed up near shore because then I try and start out where the water is around 44 degrees on the bottom (checking with a probe). With all the cold water like right now - I don't really know what to do.

Read Dan Keating's book about how to locate fish. It has some pretty interesting stuff in it.