It's crazy. 5 years ago it did this on 4th of July.. My brother and I headed out..got beat up pretty good by 4-6 footers but in 1 pass pier heads to tunnel park and back 25-50fow we totally boxed out on monster kings,giant steel head and a few dandy lakers.. Took a cruise to the beach tonight and it broke my heart to see the fishy water with no boats upon it. I know wat ur all thinking-y didn't I go out? It's because I no longer have my big boat and now unfortunately restricted to a 14footer.. Hopefully someone will capitalize on the fish before the big red this weekend..they'll prolly catch them all..lol

Speaking of buoys, the one off Port Sheldon got hit by a boat on Saturday. If you go to the website for the webcam on the buoy it's showing an old picture, not a current one.

A boat did in fact hit the buoy.

The buoy is not a destination and folks shouldn't try to find it, especially in the fog! The lat/lon of the buoy is shown at the top of the page for each buoy on this website http://uglos.mtu.edu/ please mark it and stay away. At least 500 ft in all directions.

I am headed over today to try to restore the buoy to full capacity! Its actually still semi-reporting despite having the top mast broke off.

It's crazy. 5 years ago it did this on 4th of July.. My brother and I headed out..got beat up pretty good by 4-6 footers but in 1 pass pier heads to tunnel park and back 25-50fow we totally boxed out on monster kings,giant steel head and a few dandy lakers.. Took a cruise to the beach tonight and it broke my heart to see the fishy water with no boats upon it. I know wat ur all thinking-y didn't I go out? It's because I no longer have my big boat and now unfortunately restricted to a 14footer.. Hopefully someone will capitalize on the fish before the big red this weekend..they'll prolly catch them all..lol

The water has been cold in close for a few days. Before the storm hit It was calm enough for a 14 footer to go out. There was quite a few people here in south haven trolling the shallow water. I've been on the pier the last few days having a blast. No boat needed. Yesterday, I had to move to the southern pier due to the waves. This happens every year.