Went yesterday 7/21 fished from in front of channel to just west of the red can and went 1 for 4. A nice fat king. Not sure why we lost the others. Had a screamer on. No set pattern just the depth where 54degrees was changed all the time. All but one hit was in around 50 degrees or colder. Which was anywhere from 70-115 down. Did see a salmon jump 2 times and once actually cleared the surface. I think it was chasing bait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

Cold water? It's 60 something all the way down to 70 ft and sometimes deeper depending on where you are at. Leadcore is useless with the colder water so deep. And with dipsies they don't get any action until right at dark when tge salmon come up to feed.

Cold water? It's 60 something all the way down to 70 ft and sometimes deeper depending on where you are at. Leadcore is useless with the colder water so deep. And with dipsies they don't get any action until right at dark when tge salmon come up to feed.

Did not expect to hear that. Sunday off Holland/Saugatuck we had ~68 on the surface with 51* down 20' and gradually got colder from there. Ran the FishHawk X4 down to 165' and got 41*. Thought you would have it even colder.

Nope. Charlevoix,most summers by August I have to fish 120-140 ft down to catch anything. Warm water piles in that whole area. There are times I need to make a 17 mile run to find fish and colder water.

Did not expect to hear that. Sunday off Holland/Saugatuck we had ~68 on the surface with 51* down 20' and gradually got colder from there. Ran the FishHawk X4 down to 165' and got 41*. Thought you would have it even colder.

had lots of south/west wind. air temp may not hit 70 today now guess what way the wind is blowing and what it will do to water temp.