I regularly fish for salmon out of Port Sheldon. On our boat this time of year we usually fish with flies, some spoons, and the occasional meat rig. Last year I developed a theory one day when meat rigs were particularly hot. We were changing a paddle on a fly when I thought maybe it would be a decent idea to rub the fly on one of our fish we had caught. I did so, and 20 minutes later we caught a nice king. I think on some days the fish are drawn to the smell and the taste of lures that are covered in fish slime! I also think some lures are hotter than others because many fish have hit the same lure and covered it in enzymes. My fishing buddies find my theory pretty comical but I believe sometimes it does the trick! 😂 Has anybody ever experimented with this theory, or is it just me that is crazy? If you haven't tried it maybe you should give it a whirl. Afterall, I'd pee on a spark plug if I thought it would catch fish!

I always rub my flies on the fish I catch lures also. That is once I get one! Time after time that flie/lure goes again before any others out dry, I've had same flie same paddle same everything and the one I rub goes and goes so I became a believer yrs and yrs ago and now its second nature I always rub em down! I'm not so much with you on the pee on a spark plug :eek:!!!!!!

Scents do work. My company used to make the Xtreme Scents fish attractants and Herring (made from Fish Oil) was great for Kings, Steelies and Cohos. We sold the company but I have a private stash that I use to this day. A lot of guys use WD-40, because the lubricant in WD-40 is fish oil. Keep Rubbing!

Scents do work. My company used to make the Xtreme Scents fish attractants and Herring (made from Fish Oil) was great for Kings, Steelies and Cohos. We sold the company but I have a private stash that I use to this day. A lot of guys use WD-40, because the lubricant in WD-40 is fish oil. Keep Rubbing!

Just for the record wd-40 doesn't have any fish oil in it.

However have heard people use it for an attractant. To each there own if it works it works Wd-40 suggests not to use it as an attractant

http://wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/

The WD-40 trick was used by old timers. Since then the recipe of WD has changed and the oil that was in it that attracted fish has since been removed.

What sources do you have that gave you this information? Not that I doubt it but from a business stand point y would you change a formulation on the best multi purpose lubricant on the market because a few fisherman may be putting it on there lures .