Au Gres 7-18; 7-19; 7-20-2014 Walleye Report

Friday:

I fished the skinny water with Jim M, Ron, and Rod for a four man limit of eaters and some bigger fish. I was running 3 oz BB off the down rods and 2 oz BB off the boards all with short leads. I can't afford to buy lighter weights for shallow fishing so we do what we have to do. When the down rods get hit someone needs to reel the and someone better have a net in their hand. Same thing bringing in a board take the board off and reach for a net. I fished this method several times. The books say to do it differently. I guess the fish never read the books.:) We do a lot of unconventional stuff. I fished with Jim and Ron before in very rough water. Jim introduced me to Rod a new friend of mine. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the water with these great guys. Hot colors were antifreeze, Hammered dirty copper, and the glow chartreuse. Thanks Jim, Ron, and Rod for joining me on the bay. Just four grumpy old guys getting along and getting it done. Thanks for the crawlers Jim.

Sat:

I fished with Larry M aka Rat City Hooker, Chuck, and Canyon. We returned to the scene that we fished yesterday. Same colors and presentations. Canyon was the guest of honor and being 7yo he got to reel all the fish in. I guess 20 nice walleye gave him a workout because he was nodding off on the ride back in. I brought some cupcakes out to celebrate Canyon's 7th birthday and we all sang happy birthday to him. I'll remember this trip as long as I live. I think we made some good memories for Canyon. Larry and Chuck are fantastic people and fishermen but this trip was all about the youngster. Thanks Larry, Chuck, and Canyon for making my day.

Sun:

I was a few miles from the Au Gres DNR Launch when I hit a deer. It was a bit foggy and I couldn't find the deer. Light damage to the grill and left front corner of my truck. I slammed on the brakes and my six pack cooler with crawlers on ice went forward and into the step down just aft of the cabin. I called 911 at the ramp to report the incident and told them I'd be on the water and would come in for a report later. A officer came to my home later to fill out a report.

I had the pleasure of fishing with Chris C. and his lovely daughters Amanda, Alexa, and Alexa's BF Nate. Amanda and Alexa do not fish like little girls.:no: Chris has taught them well. We returned to the same waters I fished the previous two days and the fish were not cooperating. After a bit off trolling and waiting for them to turn on we pulled lines with one fish in the box. We made a run to some deeper water that has proved good before and it was game on almost immediately. A couple of doubles and we were five times better than a few minutes ago. The action slowed a bit until I found some fish hiding in the shade under some chart numbers. No these were not my numbers rather numbers NOAA placed on Chart I run on my Toughbook Chart Plotter. Same colors and weights as above but of course the leads were a lot longer. We took a four person miscount of 24 walleye and if you could tune out the bugs it was a beautiful day to spend on the bay. Thanks Chris, Amanda, Alexa, and Nate for joining me on the bay. I forgot my camera on the previous two trips but I captured this pic after tying things down in the lot. Chris, Thanks also for the venison jerky, back straps, and squash.

dsc00715_a.jpg

Nice job on the fish P1! Adam gives you a big thumbs up.....

adamthumbsup.jpg

Upon your suggestion he was even more thrilled with his own limit of walleye on Saturday. Sure was a real treat for me and Adam to fish together and enjoy some success. He sure does love to fish.

adamsfirstlimit.jpg

Nice job on the fish P1! Adam gives you a big thumbs up.....

adamthumbsup.jpg

Upon your suggestion he was even more thrilled with his own limit of walleye on Saturday. Sure was a real treat for me and Adam to fish together and enjoy some success. He sure does love to fish.

adamsfirstlimit.jpg

^5s Grizz and gj on your nice fish. It's always a pleasure to see you and your family.

Frank,

Jim is one of my fishing buddies and is a great guy. He sure thinks highly of you.

Good job on the fish!

One of these days things will line up and maybe we can have 2 slowpokes onboard. I just love the time on the water with good people.