Got a late start, left the slip around 7AM and ran out to 90 and started setting lines, my buddy told me there were trout on the bottom there. I decided to try to avoid them. We got to 130 and first fish came on 4 color nice coho, on a stinger glow Christmas. We played around and got out to 190 taking a fish here and there all the fish came on 4 color, 6color and 10 color with stingers. We ended the day with 2 Coho, 1 Steelhead and 2 lakers, and 1 laker released too small. Had no hits on dipsy's and only one on a rigger. Water is about 66 on the surface out in 170, and 43 down 36. Before we started I changed out reels because of all the Sea Flea talk and should have stayed with the regular mono.

Got a late start, left the slip around 7AM and ran out to 90 and started setting lines, my buddy told me there were trout on the bottom there. I decided to try to avoid them. We got to 130 and first fish came on 4 color nice coho, on a stinger glow Christmas. We played around and got out to 190 taking a fish here and there all the fish came on 4 color, 6color and 10 color with stingers. We ended the day with 2 Coho, 1 Steelhead and 2 lakers, and 1 laker released too small. Had no hits on dipsy's and only one on a rigger. Water is about 66 on the surface out in 170, and 43 down 36. Before we started I changed out reels because of all the Sea Flea talk and should have stayed with the regular mono.

Thanks Mike. Glad you found some. So the sea fleas weren't bad today?

Paul C.

Not bad at all, got a few on the wire dipsy lines but not any more than an inch or so .The rest of the lines were clean. I am going to order some of the Bloodrun sea flea, I still have a spool of Flea Flick'r but don't like it. I think it costs me strikes.

Not bad at all, got a few on the wire dipsy lines but not any more than an inch or so .The rest of the lines were clean. I am going to order some of the Bloodrun sea flea, I still have a spool of Flea Flick'r but don't like it. I think it costs me strikes.

Hopefully their going away. Couldn't even reel in the braid dipsies with out pulling some of them off in South Haven last Thursday.

Good deal on the fish too!

Paul C.

STramp: How many rods do you usually run

We run anywhere from 12 to 15 rods. 4 downriggers, up to 8 boards and up to 4 dispy setups. Our normal set up is a 12 rod set up with 4 riggers, 2 wire dipsy set ups and 6 boards. I plan on adding a chute rigger soon to up my set up to 16 rods max. I so run free sliders on all of my riggers.

STRAMP do you ever have slider run all the way to ball and get with main line?

That has never been a problem, The slider goes to the apex of the bow in the line, and it is impossible for it to go against the current and get down to the ball the bow of the line prevents that problem. Sliders have been really good for years. If you are afraid of that problem go to fixed sliders but they are usually set closer to the ball than I like. Most guys fix them at 10' above the ball, and that doesn't seem to work as well as the free slider.