The worst 4th for fishing in four years.

I don't know if its the temp of the lake the way the fish are traveling but we are having one of the worst years yet.

Left the dock near 4:45 am picked up the first and only fish hitting the cooler by 7am. Ending 1 for 3 , lost one a 250 copper and 1 drive by on the port rigger.

Every trip we have been on been over fish for the duration of the trip, sonar looks like a Christmas tree on Christmas eve. Large hooks all over the screen and its been tough for most. even tried moving to different fish and nada. From Portwashington south to Racine its been tough. Even the catches of coho we had the last few years was way down , only had 1 trip with limits.

I know that the fish are here just tight lipped, makes ya sick to watch the sonar and have loads of fish show up. I am guessing that after the lake sets up with a theromocline it would help but its July and cold water is everywhere. At one point we had 38 down 25, and mid 40s on top. thought about running nets off the back but I am sure the DNR would object. This is a screen shot from last year but it looks the same just a different day.

m_img_0189_thumb.jpg