Line After copper

Maybe if you want it to be broken. If you're talking about the backing then you'll be screwed when you hook up with a nice king it'll snap it straight off or when the board dives then it will break that line so fast. Now if you're talking about the leader from the copper to the spoon then 20 pound will be fine. I always use 50 pound braid on my backing just so I know I won't bust everything off and loose a board and a spoon and a whole bunch of copper.

Personally I use 20 lb big game for my backing and never had a problem. But I do change it out every 2 years at minimum , same with the leaders. My first year I fished almost every day so I switched out all leaders and backings that year. Your weakest link is where you will have a failure , a swivel, leader with a nick , backing thats too old. Braid is nice because it lasts longer and has a smaller diameter giving more room on the reel.

and more time between changes.

2o pound is all i run for copper leaders. I would say the color red doesnt matter but i always put a six to ten foot piece of florocarbon leader on the very end of the regular mono leader or in your case the red leader.