Hi everyone,

Anybody have any reports out of St. Joe or New Buffalo? Heading out for the weekend, and hoping to get on the water Friday. First time this season for me due to family obligations. I know the mid-week storm shook things up a bit, so there may not be a lot to report. It also looks like the westerly winds have pushed the colder water off-shore based on the weather buoy temp readings. I was thinking about heading into the 200' range as a start. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Prior to this week, there were Coho in 325 to 350 FOW and Steelhead were there too. I haven't been out for about 1 week but on Tuesday last week we took 12 fish in that area. Been a little rough since then but will be out a couple of days this weekend. Possibly Friday and Sunday. Try to raise the SilverKing on 68 if I am out will respond.

Thanks Supertramp! I'll be out tomorrow morning, out of New Buffalo. Plan to head out of the harbor on 330 setting until I get to depth. I'll post my results when I get back. I'll be on 68 and will give a shout out to SilverKing, thanks! I haven't named the new boat yet, so I'll be calling as Motownhound.

Like Silverking, I haven't been out in over a week, but we were 5 for 6 decent Kings and 1real nice Laker with lots of marks between 110 and 120. With the winds we've have I think around 200 might not be a bad start. Good luck.

"My Dawn" on 68.

Prior to this week, there were Coho in 325 to 350 FOW and Steelhead were there too. I haven't been out for about 1 week but on Tuesday last week we took 12 fish in that area. Been a little rough since then but will be out a couple of days this weekend. Possibly Friday and Sunday. Try to raise the SilverKing on 68 if I am out will respond.

How deep does it get out there?

We set up shop in 180 fow and trolled out from there. Steady pickins of fat coho from flat lines, 2 fish, 125 copper, 2 fish. By far, the best rigs were the wire divers, f/f combo's going 4/7 including big fish of the day, an 11lb. laker that was released after pic's. These were best @ 139 and 159' out set on 1.5 and no ring. We stayed between 180 and 230 fow.

Just an awesome day on the water with my son for the first time since losing his mother [and my wife for 30 years] back in March. So thankful to see him smile again. I'll get the pic's loaded soon.

Dave

We set up shop in 180 fow and trolled out from there. Steady pickins of fat coho from flat lines' date=' 2 fish, 125 copper, 2 fish. By far, the best rigs were the wire divers, f/f combo's going 4/7 including big fish of the day, an 11lb. laker that was released after pic's. These were best @ 139 and 159' out set on 1.5 and no ring. We stayed between 180 and 230 fow.

Just an awesome day on the water with my son for the first time since losing his mother [and my wife for 30 years'] back in March. So thankful to see him smile again. I'll get the pic's loaded soon.

Dave

Nice job dave, will be over Saturday for an afternoon trip. My condolences on the loss of your wife, I lost mine in Feb. 2011, and its tough to get going again. My solution was I went back to work. Now I work and fish. See you on the Water.

Thanks everyone for the tips. We made it out Friday morning. 340 heading out of New Buffalo. Set-up in 200 ft of water before sunrise. Within the first 20 minutes had a double. We went 4 for 7, all fat Coho. 7 and 10 color with dodger/fly had action. Chrome dodger with confetti and Milwaukee minnow fly. 300 ft copper had a lot of action with a green dolphin spoon. Riggers set at 62 ft down and 70 ft down with spoon and dodger w/ green fly also had action. Fun day on the water! Tight lines.