Got out a bit early from work and headed out fishing. Had lines in around 6pm (give or take)and fished til dark. Water was pretty calm and the weather was nice. The fishing was tough though and the biting flies were worse! Almost drove me to the brink of madness. We ended up 2 for 3(one small King, decent LT). Both came on 270 copper with a purple spoon(don't know the name). King in about 125 fow, LT in 83 fow.

Side note: Check your rod eyelets once in a while. I lost a brand spankin' new Spin Doctor/Fly combo when I went to pop my rigger clip. Half the ceramic insert was missing,..cut my line like a knife! If any of you fine gentleman come across a Big White Hammer SD floating around,.........

PS.- What do you guys/gals use to combat them dam flies!!??

I was out of PS that night same night and hit my ankles a few times with Deep Woods off mesquito spray. Helped out a lot, not 100% but slowed them down. Could not get any fish to go, but glad to have the spray on the boat.

Flying insect killer. You can spray it on your boat (not on you) and when they land on it they die. It won't get them all but some satisfaction is had by seeing some of them buggers dead. :diablo:

Pretty sure you got the vicks idea from me at the cleaning station. It elps but they will still get yah. That dey I was wearing ziplock bags on my feet inside my sandals and wore a long sleeved shirt for pants (all I had ) and that helped too (but I did it more to add some style to my apparel). Fill a ziplock bag er two er three bout halfway w/water and add a buncha pennies and lay or try to hang them from something. Imma give that buggspray stuff a shot also...cause man those things can ruin a good time.