6-28-2014 Au Gres 4 man ticket. I'm Now a Charter Capt. NOT

I fished Au Gres with Joe S, and his two friends Bob, and Gary. I now consider all three friends of mine. We punched a 4 man ticket and pulled lines about 9:50. We had a few nice fish and the rest were eaters. We did lose about a 30" walleye two cranks from the net. Thanks Joe, Bob, and Gary for putting up with a grumpy old man. BB and meat 10 Offshore boards and two down rods. Green and pink were our best colors.

Now as the late Paul Harvey would say, "The Rest of the story."

I have been hearing second hand for years that I'm a charter captain and it's p!$$ing some jealous SOBs off. I was finally confronted by an older man even grumpier than I am. I have had a slip at Northport for my use for a couple of years. Today I decided to use the fish cleaning facility for the first time. I received less than a warm welcome from an Au Gres oldtimer who went and got some one to challenge me about using the cleaning facility. They knew who I was but were not mannerly enough to introduce themselves. When he finally found out he didn't have enough balls to run me out of there he walked away pouting like a p!$$ed off little girl saying, "You're a charter captain and shouldn't use the facility." I told him, "I'm not a Charter Capt. and I couldn't run carters because I'm not licensed to do so." He grumbled, "That's another problem. You're a Charter Capt and fish every day." I only used the facility once and didn't intend on using it again for a long while. Now that I know it bothers someone so I may just become a regular there. If I see him again I'll ask him if he has a key and if he belongs there.:grin: Anyone want to go fishing??? I can't fish every day like I was accused of but 2 or 3 times a week is enough. I gave my fish to some needy fishermen who came in short. A lot of you people fished with me and I made you do as much work as I did. The crew cleaned the fish today. I guess I'm not much of a Charter Captain.:no:

Ya just gotta luv people who think they own everything water, fish, ect. I think we should all get together bring like 16 boats in with 64 of our best buddies and we'll create a line at the fish cleaning station, we can exchange money back and forth thanking each other for a great trip. The poor old guy would own a small patch of dirt after that!

Nice job Frank...now you behave and stop causing trouble.

Mike, Trouble is my middle name. My first name is Mo.:)

I was minding my own business, but I guess others need to do the same.:) When I was little younger and a lot crazier no telling what that confrontation might have led to. John Van has the best idea, give him the nod. :lol:

I think we could make a better Grumpy Old Man Movie.

Long as he dont nod to far and fall asleep.

Even I could resemble that remark. Yesterday coming home from Saginaw I stopped at the Roadside Park about 20 minutes from home and took a 40 minute snooze. Ya know I need my beauty rest. :lol: If I feel the least bit tired I will NOT drive. All it takes is a couple of seconds and it could be curtains for me and or others.

Even I could resemble that remark. Yesterday coming home from Saginaw I stopped at the Roadside Park about 20 minutes from home and took a 40 minute snooze. Ya know I need my beauty rest. :lol: If I feel the least bit tired I will NOT drive. All it takes is a couple of seconds and it could be curtains for me and or others.

I know how that goes. Pulled over in a rite aid parking lot about a month ago not far from home, just couldn't stay awake. 20-30 minute nap and i was right and ready to go

I finally figured out who the person is that confronted me at Northport. He is an older salty charter captain that fishes out of Northport. If I was unsuccessful I don't think I'd bother him at all. This charter captain called me at home last year and gave me his home phone and cell #s. He talked with me like I was his friend. I'll just keep on keeping on and maybe he'll get over it. I just want to fish and because of my limitations I have to fish in a 20' + boat. I can't fish alone and if inviting people to fish with me is wrong I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.:) Fishon, or better yet Shut up and fish.:)

What am I missing? Charter Captains aren't supposed to use the fish cleaning station?

Not at all. The guy pitching the B!tch is a charter captain and has his shorts in a knot about me fishing a few times a week with 3 or 4 other folks onboard. He thinks I'm chartering and anyone that has ever fished with me knows different. His initial gripe was that I didn't belong at the PRIVATE cleaning station. When I proved otherwise it p!$$ed him off even more and it sent him into a rant about me chartering with out credentials. I thought I was the grumpiest guy around Au Gres but I take a back seat to him.:)

Not at all. The guy pitching the B!tch is a charter captain and has his shorts in a knot about me fishing a few times a week with 3 or 4 other folks onboard. He thinks I'm chartering and anyone that has ever fished with me knows different. His initial gripe was that I didn't belong at the PRIVATE cleaning station. When I proved otherwise it p!$$ed him off even more and it sent him into a rant about me chartering with out credentials. I thought I was the grumpiest guy around Au Gres but I take a back seat to him.:)

I know you're not going to relinquish your title easily. Maybe you can have a conversation with him regarding HOW FAR BACK you're running your bouncers.....:lol: