Torpedo rigger weights mold?

I am looking for a 12# down rigger weight mold in the torpedo shape, a search here and online has come up empty.

Anybody help??

I am running 10# balls now and been reading the Fishhawk unit I just bought will add a lot more blowback and it seems the 12# torpedo shaped weight helps cure that.

TIA

al

I am looking for a 12# down rigger weight mold in the torpedo shape, a search here and online has come up empty.

Anybody help??

I am running 10# balls now and been reading the Fishhawk unit I just bought will add a lot more blowback and it seems the 12# torpedo shaped weight helps cure that.

TIA

al

look at A-tom-mik torpedo downrigger weights.

Thanks, I seen them and may end up getting a couple of them, I do have about 250# of lead left over from when I smelted bullets and would like to use that though, if a mold is available.

al

Atomiks are back ordered till next year, back to looking for a mold.

Al

It might be possible to make a mold or have one made. I use 12 lb round cannon balls and find the blowback with fish hawk probe not that much different then the other side without the probe. You can find molds for them.

Type in 12# fish shape downrigger mold, I just found a couple of place have them. We have a 15# fish mold and use it on the outside riggers with the Depth Raider Probe and very minimal Blowback. We also use the 20# sharks from A-tomic on our inside riggers and love them for deep fishing. Check you Downrigger Weight restrictions, we use Big Jon Brutes which can handle the weight.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a guy (VTsalmonslayer) on the Lake Ontario United Fishing Forum who sells 13# torpedo weights and ordered two, I'll have to check but they may be a bit much for my Cannon mag 10 riggers and if so, I'll whittle then down a few pounds.

Al

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My error for not checking this site more often. Please accept my apologies.  If anyone is still looking to purchase weights manufactured by 4 Fins Downrigger Weights we can be reached via telephone (916) 798-4505, text is OK.  We are on face book.  Our website is currently being updated.  We ship via USPS, shipping cost is either $19.95 or $14.35 depending on size and quantity of weights   No handling charge for packaging or travel to post office.

59936116_321024888794072_720497750499655680_n[1].jpg

CAslirod.url

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What we offer is not the style commonly known as a "torpedo".  Our weights are considered a "fish" design and do not wonder all over the place.  They track straight with minimal or no blow back.  Most angler use our weights when trolling for Kokanee, Salmon & trout.  Blow back can occur using smaller weights (8lb or less) and if trolling 4 mph or more.  Additionally, our weights will not go under your boat when turning like the pancake style.  Hope this clarifies any misinformation.  Thanks

On 12/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, CAslirod said:

What we offer is not the style commonly known as a "torpedo".  Our weights are considered a "fish" design and do not wonder all over the place.  They track straight with minimal or no blow back.  Most angler use our weights when trolling for Kokanee, Salmon & trout.  Blow back can occur using smaller weights (8lb or less) and if trolling 4 mph or more.  Additionally, our weights will not go under your boat when turning like the pancake style.  Hope this clarifies any misinformation.  Thanks

Where can I buy your style of weight. I live in Muskegon

We are a manufacturer and typically sell to retail stores.  We have several retail tackle stores in the western U.S., the largest being Sportsman's Warehouse with numerous locations.  We can sell & ship directly to you but unfortunately we have no means to accept credit cards.  Our 10lb. coated weights are $50.00 each plus tax & shipping.  Shipping is $14.35 via USPS, there are no handling charges.  Both weights will fit into the same USPS box. 

If you wish to buy directly from us, please forward a check in the amount of $121.60.  Breakdown of cost is:  2 X $50.00 = $100.00, + 7.25 sales tax, + $14.35 shipping = $121.60.  You can also contact Mr. Gary Durbin at KokaneeMart.com telephone (916) 296-7598, he is one of our on-line retailers & will accept a credit card.  We anticipate trying to get a few retail tackle stores in the Great Lakes area this spring.  The owner of a lure manufacturer (Trinity Tackle) in Northern CA is from the Great Lakes area and has suggested our weights would be a great option for downrigger weights in your area.  I have questions for you.  Please text me on my cell phone 916 798-4505, as this means of communicating can be cumbersome at best. 

Thanks, Bill